Screen Recorder-first item in your pref-light check list!!!

Reaction score
Hello,

I just lost my 2nd Phantom Vision Plus in 8 months, details here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35439

I wanted to emphasize the importance of evidence collection before/during each flight which would help to identify any possible mistakes and in case of flyaway.

SCR 5+ Pro application for Android costs only 1 USD, however it will record very useful information.

I would highly recommend to install this APP and alternative on Iphone and run it even before you power on the controller, i.e. then you can open any photo/video application which takes input from android's camera, point camera to controller, phantom and Screen Recorder would save all your pre-flight actions, i.e. your sequence of starting phantom, LED information, controller stick position, you can also record the surrounding of your area (i.e. it will record everything what is available on your phone/tablet screen). Stop Screen recording after you power off your Phantom.

This practically won't require too much efforts, but you will get all the facts about your configuration and steps on the ground and in the air and this should definitely help to identify possible mistakes and flyaway.

It's very sad that it costed me 2 phantoms to realize this finding, but I truly believe this might and will save somebodies hobby...

Re: Screen Recorder-first item in your pref-light check list

The only downside is that you need to root your phone, ive tried using kingo root but couldn't get my samsung s3 to root

If anyone has any other method for an android phone on 4.3 let me know

crash1sttime said:
The only downside is that you need to root your phone, ive tried using kingo root but couldn't get my samsung s3 to root

I'm sure there are applications for not rooted as well. If not - it's really worth to update your phone :) This might save your hobby!

I can use mobizen but its a bit flaky, its because the phone is updated to the latest firmware that stops me from rooting it

crash1sttime said:

towelroot. s3, 4.3 & 4.4.2 here. simple. free.

I've played with a few screen recorders but find they all pull enormous amounts of cpu time which ain't good !
Anyone got one that doesn't, let us all know !
Almost tempted to just get a cheap video camera to record the screen or video the bird in flight :cool:

Scr 5 free version installed and working s3 towelrooted.

LarasLTU said:
Hello, I just lost my 2nd Phantom Vision Plus in 8 months, details here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35439

Why are you posting the same info in two different threads? :roll:

jason said:
LarasLTU said:
Hello, I just lost my 2nd Phantom Vision Plus in 8 months, details here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35439

Why are you posting the same info in two different threads? :roll:

I'm OK to close one :), I wanted to be sure that whole community realizes the importance of screen recorder - it should be really a first step in your pre-flight checklist. It's straight forward and cheap investment, which can help you to realize the mistakes you make and provide very important evidence in case of something goes wrong...

mikekilroy1074 said:
Scr 5 free version installed and working s3 towelrooted.

care to PM me with how, and is your android version 4.3 or higher

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20