Scary Malfunction during flight

Reaction score
I was flying the other day messing around with the active track trying to lock into cars, at some point I stopped and tried to fly the bird towards me and it wouldn't move. The altitude and yaw controls were working but no horizontal movement. I then tried to RTH and it rose to the set height but still didn't come towards me. I then turned off the rc and it immediately started to descend even though it was set to RTH on the rc lost signal...also I noticed it wasn't reading the height correctly because when it was at 50m and I turned off the rc it immediately read 35m....anybody know what happened? Here is my flight log..incident around 11 min mark Phantom 3 Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

At the 12:10 mark in your flight log, is it possible that you accidentally chose the option to auto land from the left side of the DJI GO app?

At the 12:10 mark in your flight log, is it possible that you accidentally chose the option to auto land from the left side of the DJI GO app?
Nah I turned off the rc and it was supposed to RTH but instead started descending so I quickly turned it back on and the regained full functionality

Nah I turned off the rc and it was supposed to RTH but instead started descending so I quickly turned it back on and the regained full functionality
The flight mode changed to auto landing and then the signal was lost 12 seconds later. I'm assuming you turned off the RC at the point where your log shows the signal lost message. I don't know what else would trigger the auto landing mode. Very odd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic