ScanDisk Ultra 64GB

Reaction score
Hi,.
I have a Phantom 3 Pro, my question is:
Is it ok to use ScanDisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD XC 1 on my Phantom for recording 4K movies?
i have 2 of them and i would like your opinion on it.
Tks.

As long as the card is
Micro SD Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
It will be fine.
No need to pay for the fastest/most expensive cards because the speed is controlled by the Phantom, not the card.

Reactions: LowRider
As long as the card is
Micro SD Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
It will be fine.
No need to pay for the fastest/most expensive cards because the speed is controlled by the Phantom, not the card.

Tks.

Meta4, what is the Mb/s i should get? is 30Mb/s fast enough? 4k/30 video for P3P is about 500mb per sec?
i'm a "future owner" of Phantom 3.. want to get some info of memory card too. Thanks!

Meta4, what is the Mb/s i should get? is 30Mb/s fast enough? 4k/30 video for P3P is about 500mb per sec?
i'm a "future owner" of Phantom 3.. want to get some info of memory card too. Thanks!
There seems to be a confusion regarding the difference between megabits and megabytes.
The normal convention is that a megabit is shown as Mb and a megabyte is shown as MB.....and there are 8 bits to a byte.
Presumably the 30 Mb/s you refer to is the rated card speed, and it should be 30MB/s, which is more than adequate.
The bit rate of the Phantom when recording 4K is 60Mb/s.

There seems to be a confusion regarding the difference between megabits and megabytes.
The normal convention is that a megabit is shown as Mb and a megabyte is shown as MB.....and there are 8 bits to a byte.
Presumably the 30 Mb/s you refer to is the rated card speed, and it should be 30MB/s, which is more than adequate.
The bit rate of the Phantom when recording 4K is 60Mb/s.

Thanks for your reply.. i always thought memory card use mbps.. just checked Sandisk official page, you are right, its says MB/s. Lets me double check... so if P3P 4K is 60Mb/s which means I need (60mbps/8), so its 7MB/s is enough?

just realize official page has the detail.. it says max is 60mb/s.. so any cheap card has min 7MB/s is enough.. :)

Max Bitrate Of Video Storage

Phantom 3 Professional
60 Mbps
Phantom 3 Advanced
40 Mbps

Thanks for your reply.. i always thought memory card use mbps.. just checked Sandisk official page, you are right, its says MB/s. Lets me double check... so if P3P 4K is 60Mb/s which means I need (60mbps/8), so its 7MB/s is enough?
In theory, just about!...but in practice you should use a class 10 card as a minimum (as stated in DJI recommendations). The only advantages in using faster rated cards is that your download times are reduced when copying to your computer for editing.

Reactions: Volantis and Nes
I have 2 Lexar 633x 95mbps speed class10 and they work a charm on my P3 and for quick transfer, way faster than my phones sandisk ultra 64gb.

In theory, just about!...but in practice you should use a class 10 card as a minimum (as stated in DJI recommendations). The only advantages in using faster rated cards is that your download times are reduced when copying to your computer for editing.
yeah.. i just want to know the min requirement, then get the one thats most valuable. I guess it hard to get a 10MB/s card.. properly almost same price as a 30MB/s :p

I have 2 Lexar 633x 95mbps speed class10 and they work a charm on my P3 and for quick transfer, way faster than my phones sandisk ultra 64gb.
You know your Ultra is slower than 95MBps, right?

Yeh...im thinking of getting the lexar for the phone too
Lexar is great.. but just want to let you know SanDisk has Extreme Pro that has 95MB/s also. You may want to google some speed/performance test to compare both Micro SD. Remember your camera max write speed and card support will also take place. ;-)

I have found the Samsung Pro cards are the best value for 4K. I have 2 x 32 gb Samsung Pro cards, and they work great.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair