Saw my first Vision+ (and it didn't crash!!!)

Reaction score
so saw someone flying one down at the beach today in Santa Barbara. Spoke with the owner a little bit and he assured me he hasn't had any issues with his whatsoever. He did reiterate that he is a very methodical flyer who makes sure to follow all set up and preflight instructions prior to flying.

There was a large pod of dolphins about 200 yards out over the ocean that he was flying over and filming. Pretty cool stuff, and I assume this is not something he would be confident in had the vision been acting up prior.

Just good to know as I am on the fence about getting one. Honestly this forum has turned me off. I was pretty sure I was going to get one until I see all the threads about them falling out of the sky etc.

I understand how forums work and you only get ill people in emergency rooms etc, but it was good to see someone confident in their drone and not reporting any issues.

I am another Santa Barbara area Phantom pilot who can report "no problems", but with just the P2V - no plus.

You guys have a nice place to fly. These boards were similar way back in the day when the P2V came out (what 6 months ago?). They roll a ton of them on the market, many if not most to new flyers, and people get all up in arms when it doesn't just fly out of the box perfectly every time. Not to mention the technology and the whole agile development thing. Once people get a grip on the limitations of the aircraft itself and the firmware glitches are rectified, then the whole board will swing to discussions on how to mod it better! Me? I'm busy trying to wreck my P2V so I have a reasonable excuse to get a +.

Cult Hero said:
so saw someone flying one down at the beach today in Santa Barbara. Spoke with the owner a little bit and he assured me he hasn't had any issues with his whatsoever. He did reiterate that he is a very methodical flyer who makes sure to follow all set up and preflight instructions prior to flying.

There was a large pod of dolphins about 200 yards out over the ocean that he was flying over and filming. Pretty cool stuff, and I assume this is not something he would be confident in had the vision been acting up prior.

Just good to know as I am on the fence about getting one. Honestly this forum has turned me off. I was pretty sure I was going to get one until I see all the threads about them falling out of the sky etc.

I understand how forums work and you only get ill people in emergency rooms etc, but it was good to see someone confident in their drone and not reporting any issues.

You said it yourself there - people having wonderful flying experiences are not coming on here talking about them because they are out flying so just get one and enjoy it. Its like anything you buy, there will always be a few with problems, lifes too short to always sit on the fence.

You will really enjoy it !!

;)

Exactly. I am not trying to take anything away from anyone having issues on the board as there are definitely those with legitimate concerns, but the class action lawsuit thread had me rolling my eyes. I am probably gonna wait a little bit until the early adopter bugs and firmware glitches get sorted out.

In the meantime I have bought a cheap $30 quad to practice on and get the feel for it as I do know that as a first time flyer I need to have some sort of understanding on how to use it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers