Satellites Galore

Reaction score
I must say after installing v3.06 I have had almost double the satellites I have ever had. I had 10 showing when I enabled the battery, and 30 seconds later it had climbed to 12 satellites. Nice to see some welcome improvements.

now that you mentioned it I realised that I had 10 satellites while sitting on the table in my flat just after the update.
that never happened before.

Helveticus said:
Have you done the "aluminum foil" mod or is your bird 100% stock :?:

Anyway it's good news :)

Explain to me how an aluminum foil mod would impact the copters GPS signal...

StrikeTeam said:
Explain to me how an aluminum foil mod would impact the copters GPS signal...
It does improve GPS singnal quite a lot I know as I've done it myself.
What it does is it insulate GPS receiver from the rest of the internal parts.
There is thread here about it and plenty of people have done it.

Wow...you are right 8 satellites inside my office best i ever got was 4 took it outside linked to 10 satellites almost immediately....and also noticed that when turning on the Phantom I no longer have the camera shake like i used to have when i started my phantom ....

Helveticus said:

No aluminum foil for my quad. I won't put ANY aluminum foil anywhere around my quad. I have personally seen too many weird stuff take place caused by aluminum foil. There is sensors that operate by reading the amount of resistance going into them, and aluminum foil can disrupt what goes on on both sides. Then there is also other antennas under the top cover. I could go on with this subject but I won't. I don't condone anyone that uses foil, I just don't use it for reasons mentioned.

flyNfrank said:
Helveticus said:

No aluminum foil for my quad. I won't put ANY aluminum foil anywhere around my quad. I have personally seen too many weird stuff take place caused by aluminum foil. There is sensors that operate by reading the amount of resistance going into them, and aluminum foil can disrupt what goes on on both sides. Then there is also other antennas under the top cover. I could go on with this subject but I won't. I don't condone anyone that uses foil, I just don't use it for reasons mentioned.
Thanks' ! Just wanted to know if it's FW 3.06 alone or a combination of the FW + foil that helped increase the sats so much ;)

Could it be that DJI activated GLONASS (the Russian GPS) in latest FW or is it "pure" GPS ?

Will add that I've done the "foil mod" and have to say it helped a lot :D
Now, if FW 3.06 helps too it may well definitively solve my problem : very few sats where I live (in a narrow valley), most of the time I must take off in ATTI and I can only fly in NAZA GPS (since foil added) when the bird reaches a certain altitude (where I reset home lock with S2).
Will let you guys know how FW 3.06 works for me ;)

Also noticing satellites in my kitchen after updating, where before there were none. Not that I'll be flying in the kitchen but that's an encouraging start. Such a pity it's blowing a gale out there today though :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj