Satellites fell from 11 to 0

Reaction score
Hi all.
I had crashed a few weeks ago and my quad has not flown quite as well since. I replaced the legs and had moved the compass around and ended up having to re-level my quad to do advanced IMU calibration.

It was doing better and I was starting to "trust" it more until today. I took her up to about 50 feet and I noticed the lights blinking orange. I was not in FS mode and it was not "returning home". My satellite was reading ZERO. It lost altitude and looked like it was getting ready to land in a pine tree. I switched to ATT mode and it started responding again and I was able to take control. I flipped it back to GPS and it started flashing green and I had 12 satellites all of a sudden. I went from 11 to 0 to 12 within about 15 seconds. My GPS module connector cable is snug with the "little piece of velco" mod. It has been getting 11 and 12 satellites since and even picking up in my home (I also have the upgraded 4mm antenna).

Where do I start?

Sounds like to me Terry your antenna solder is not good or its at that connecter . Just because its in there good don't necessarily means it is staying together if you are dropping and regaining the sats .
I would start at that plug .

dirkclod said:
Sounds like to me Terry your antenna solder is not good or its at that connecter . Just because its in there good don't necessarily means it is staying together if you are dropping and regaining the sats .

Sigh. I have to crack the top again to add my Flytrex soon. Will take down the solder on my antenna and try again. Thanks for the reply. Wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything like I always do.... ;)

terrylowe said:
dirkclod said:

Sigh. I have to crack the top again to add my Flytrex soon. Will take down the solder on my antenna and try again. Thanks for the reply. Wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything like I always do.... ;)

also have you inspected the GPS module for any hairline fractures? it's possible you have a crack that is vibrating during flight?

Buckaye said:
also have you inspected the GPS module for any hairline fractures? it's possible you have a crack that is vibrating during flight?

+1....will do!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues