Satellite Predictor

neiloakley said:
Bunyarra said:
Don't know if anyone else uses this but it was very close predictor for the number of satellites I could see yesterday. Interesting to see how the number varies by time of day rather a bit

http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com/

Thats pretty interesting! Do the Phantoms use GPS and GLONASS? or just GPS?

I _think_ it is GPS only. At least the number given here were spot on with my # of satellites locked onto yesterday at 3pm.

pault said:
I think it must use GLONASS as well because i have had 12 satellites on occasion which is more than was theoretically possible

12 is possible, I can get 13 at certain times of the day.

Attachments

• Coverage.JPG
    Coverage.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 547
Have you used any mobile app for satellite prediction? Are they any good?

Thanks for that website, bookmarked :)

I had 7/8 yesterday around 8am, and have had 11 in the past. Seems you don't get as many in the morning.

smole said:
Have you used any mobile app for satellite prediction? Are they any good?
Android app - GPS Status is very good.
Never mind predictions - it shows the satellites that are visible in your sky.
Compare with what your bird sees to check its reception.

Cyclone said:
I had 7/8 yesterday around 8am, and have had 11 in the past. Seems you don't get as many in the morning.
Morning/afternoon, day/night - makes no difference.
There are plenty up all the time but they are coming and going so the numbers at any time can be different.
With the foil mod I get 10-12 always in the air and have had up to 16.

pault said:
I think it must use GLONASS as well because i have had 12 satellites on occasion which is more than was theoretically possible

GPS only.

The GPS satellite predictor, the Ks predictor, and a $1300 bird that knows how to find its way home. Amazing the technology we benefit from over the last 25 years. Can you imagine where we'll be 25 years from now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.