Satellite Prediction Sites

Reaction score
Does any know of a satellite prediction site that does not use Flash? Unfortunately the ones I have seen will not run on my iPad or Samsung because it requires Flash.

Thanks!

just installed that thanks.

what surprises me is my phone can know exactly where i am any time of day.
the phantom looses this ability when it drops below 6 satellites which in my location and time of year is a lot.

roll on october when the daytime number of satellites almost doubles.

Yes, same here, I sometimes have more sats than predicted by GPS Plan.

I think it's because of the elevation (set by default at 10º), but if you are in a flat area (less elevation needed) you may have more sats than predicted. Note that you can change the elevation in prefs.

But overall it's a good and very helpful prediction ;)

EDIT : I also have been wondering if since 3.06 the bird may "see" some GLONASS sats (GLONASS is the "Rusian GPS") :? (probably not...)

So is there anything decent for the Android? I have looked but would like to see a better view with the next few hours coming up.

Thanks will try it.

How does one determine the correct gps elevation in degrees where they happen to be?

For the GPS plan app....

For Android, there is an app called Satellite Check. It shows you the current strength (signal-to-noise ratio) of satellite at your position. Unfortunately it does not show predictive satellite coverage. I haven't had a chance to correlate with the number that the Phantom sees yet.

Thanks... looks similar to the Sat Check.. Don't think it has prediction capability.

I did a search and I can not find the name of the website that had the sat prediction that required flash.. any chance you have it?

Thanks

The android appshows actual rather than prediction. The apple app shows prediction.

The colours have not come out very well but a screen shot of both running at same time GPS plan and sat check.
Interestingly on the sat check it shows the accuracy as well as signal strength of each satellite.

Attachments

• DSCF3800.JPG
    DSCF3800.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 284

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl