Satellite conection lost?

Reaction score
Was hovering my p2 yesterday showed 11 sats on monitor at start suddenly noticed sats were down to 8 then 7 6 then sat symbol onscreen started flashing for about 10 secs showed 5 sats then 6 7 8 11 then symbol stopped flashing hover was good all the time is it normal for the sat count to fluctuate during flight? thanx

Last edited:
Was hovering my p2 yesterday showed 11 sats on monitor at start suddenly noticed sats were down to 8 then 7 6 then sat symbol onscreen started flashing for about 10 secs showed 5 sats then 6 7 8 11 then symbol stopped flashing hover was good all the time is it normal for the sat count to fluctuate during flight? thanx
My P3 does.

It's not normal for that to happen but it can happen. If the satellite counts goes below 6 satellites for 20 seconds the craft will descend automatically.

Thanx for the reply Jason!yeah that's the first time I noticed it. several days back I had an issue where it went out of control after takeoff and suddenly decended rapidly(only about 10ft up) to the left and had a semi hard landing but that was probly 4th 5th flight andplobly an error on my part not watching the light sequence close enough. come to think about it it did seem to be about 20 secs after start up when that happened. so if im out flying around and that happens again it will descend staight down?

Thanx for the reply Jason!yeah that's the first time I noticed it. several days back I had an issue where it went out of control after takeoff and suddenly decended rapidly(only about 10ft up) to the left and had a semi hard landing but that was probly 4th 5th flight andplobly an error on my part not watching the light sequence close enough. come to think about it it did seem to be about 20 secs after start up when that happened. so if im out flying around and that happens again it will descend staight down?

Yes where ever it is it will land but you can control the descent. Myself I would open it up and remove the GPS module in order to check the ceramic antenna for cracks and replace if necessary.

It's not normal for that to happen but it can happen. If the satellite counts goes below 6 satellites for 20 seconds the craft will descend automatically.

Loss of adequate sats will ONLY cause the aircraft to switch to Atti. mode and continue flying in that mode until enough says are acquired to re-enter GPS/Atti.
Descent at current location after 20 sec. would only occur if fail-safe (loss of control signal) occurred simultaneously.

Loss of adequate sats will ONLY cause the aircraft to switch to Atti. mode and continue flying in that mode until enough says are acquired to re-enter GPS/Atti.
Descent at current location after 20 sec. would only occur if fail-safe (loss of control signal) occurred simultaneously.

I would that depends on which on which mode the P2 is in phantom or naza as there is no atti in the phantom mode

Yea, OK... It's called RTF (non-GPS).
So while there may be a semantical difference in the name the issue is unchanged. That is- Simply a loss of adequate sats will not initiate auto-land in place.

Yea, OK... It's called RTF (non-GPS).
So while there may be a semantical difference in the name the issue is unchanged. That is- Simply a loss of adequate sats will not initiate auto-land in place.

Seems you are trying to rewrite the manual for DJI. Since you have been flying in IOC for so long your knowledge of the basic flight mode (phantom) is nil.

Seems you are trying to rewrite the manual for DJI. Since you have been flying in IOC for so long your knowledge of the basic flight mode (phantom) is nil.

Not at all, I am referring to my manual - V1.2, (pages 25 & 26) which only pertains to Phantom 2 mode.
Outdated?
Possibly.

If your suggesting a P2 will not fly (i.e. auto-land in 20 sec) with a functional GPS module but no SVs acquired...
...post some references then.

Not at all, I am referring to my manual - V1.2, (pages 25 & 26) which only pertains to Phantom 2 mode.
Outdated?
Possibly.

If your suggesting a P2 will not fly (i.e. auto-land in 20 sec) with a functional GPS module but no SVs acquired...
...post some references then.

Go to page 26.

"In a Failsafe situation, if less than 6 GPS satellites are found for more than 20 seconds, the aircraft will descend automatically."

This pertains to flying in Phantom Mode only but in IOC whether in a parcel or full IOC then you would be correct about ATTI and flying manually until the pilot retained 6 or more satellites to regain GPS control.

I always assume when a new pilots have a question that he/she has the craft in the basic mode (phantom) until they clarify otherwise.

Go to page 26.

"In a Failsafe situation, if less than 6 GPS satellites are found for more than 20 seconds, the aircraft will descend automatically."

This pertains to flying in Phantom Mode only but in IOC whether in a parcel or full IOC then you would be correct about ATTI and flying manually until the pilot retained 6 or more satellites to regain GPS control.

I always assume when a new pilots have a question that he/she has the craft in the basic mode (phantom) until they clarify otherwise.

Goto post #6 above.

I'm done with this discussion.

Edit: nowhere did the OP mention LOS or fail-safe.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen