Santorini, Greace - my tips and video

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to share with you my tips regarding flying on Santorini Island and also my video. I didn't experience any issue, people seem to be ok with drones. I was trying not to bother other tourists/locals with my drone - when flying at the most crowded place on Santorini - Oia, I woke up very early and started my bird right after sunrise, so there were almost no people, as you can see on the video. However, I saw some tourists launching and operating their drones in the middle of the day, in a very crowded square - please don't do it, you can get into troubles and/or make other people angry.
I was also trying to find less known spots on the island to fly there during the day - and I found Vlychada beach. It looks amazing! There were only few other people on a hot sunny day :) Here is my video:

Ok. I’m trashing my drone now. I obviously don’t know what I’m doing. Nah. Seriously, that was beautiful. Do you mind telling me what production software you used? I like the slow motion aspect. I liked everything. Thanks for sharing!!!

Reactions: piotr_poland
Ok. I’m trashing my drone now. I obviously don’t know what I’m doing. Nah. Seriously, that was beautiful. Do you mind telling me what production software you used? I like the slow motion aspect. I liked everything. Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you for your comment! I use Adobe Premiere for editing my videos.

Hi guys,

I wanted to share with you my tips regarding flying on Santorini Island and also my video. I didn't experience any issue, people seem to be ok with drones. I was trying not to bother other tourists/locals with my drone - when flying at the most crowded place on Santorini - Oia, I woke up very early and started my bird right after sunrise, so there were almost no people, as you can see on the video. However, I saw some tourists launching and operating their drones in the middle of the day, in a very crowded square - please don't do it, you can get into troubles and/or make other people angry.
I was also trying to find less known spots on the island to fly there during the day - and I found Vlychada beach. It looks amazing! There were only few other people on a hot sunny day :) Here is my video:

Very nicely done. Watched the whole thing! Would like to get there someday.

Very nicely done. Watched the whole thing! Would like to get there someday.
thank you! the island is beautiful, I recommend going there just before the season - we were in the beginning of May - great weather, less people. However, "less people" on Santorini still means crowds (you cannot see it on my video though - I was trying to shoot in the most popular places early in the morning). It's hard for me to imagine how it looks between June and August...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl