SanDisk Extreme Micro SDXC memory cards on sale today

Reaction score
Both B&H and Amazon have this little guy on sale today for $30. Not a bad deal, and easily meets the requirements of the Phantom 3.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
  • 64GB Storage Capacity
  • Class 10 / UHS-I
  • Speed Class 3 (U3) Compatible
  • Max. Read Speed: 60 MB/s
  • Max. Write Speed: 40 MB/s
  • Water / Shock / X-ray Proof

I have a P3A on the way. How much space does a typical 1080P flight take on the card. Trying to judge whether I should pull the trigger on a 32 or 64gb card.

I have a P3A on the way. How much space does a typical 1080P flight take on the card. Trying to judge whether I should pull the trigger on a 32 or 64gb card.
Not sure got the P so i record 4k....but at that price for that card get the 64 !

Anyone tried a 128 gig card? What happens if you try and use it?
I did with a crappy China 128. Filmed about 16 gigs of quality footage then the rest was corrupted. Could be a fake 128 but I ran the h2testw program and it said it can write more than that.I don't know, I'm not messing with it anymore, I lost valuable 4th of July footage that I had to pull from my DJI Pilot App instead.

64 is nice you get several missions with multiple flights in case you forget to clear sd card... Good price but speed isn't the fastest

I agree, there is another speed notch up,but these are as faster than what is needed and the card that ships with the P3P. They are U3, which is built for 4K video, and 64GB is plenty large enough to store multiple flights.

I use the higher speed cards to shoot in burst mode on a 16 MP dslr in raw, but don't see the need for that speed here.

Buy at least 2, swap them out when you remove the card to transfer footage to your computer. That way you always have a card in the P3 and never arrive at a location to discover "no memory card".

Take the 16GB card that came with the P3 and put it in your flying kit to always have with you as a backup.

Any Class 10 card is fast enough, a faster card just speeds up the transfer from the card to your computer. The camera firmware is locked to the slowest speed for the SD card, Normal_Speed (12.5MB/s), which is fast enough for even 4K video (60mbps = 7.5MB/s), but gets really bogged down in AEB or burst mode.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436917021.758992.jpg

Yea I paid 50 or so for mine that are 90/mb speed... I'd buy those if I didn't have a full set already

Izzdrone is prepared! Ha! I have all these accessories, nice new backpack, ordered custom drone wrap, and son of a B! Defective unit. God knows when I'll get to fly the pig! All seriousness: any difference in the pro and extreme?

Izzdrone is prepared! Ha! I have all these accessories, nice new backpack, ordered custom drone wrap, and son of a B! Defective unit. God knows when I'll get to fly the pig! All seriousness: any difference in the pro and extreme?
You want extreme, at least from what I read on the GP4 when I bought mine (P3 has almost the same bitrate). Write speeds are always far less than advertised speed and you do not want skipped frames/freezing while in the air. The price difference is negligible now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj