San Francisco Pilots... Who flew over the NLCS game?

Reaction score
It didn't quite make the news but I saw a reporter from KRON4 News tweet out some pictures about a drone flying over/near the National League Championship Series on Tuesday (10/14/14). I'm surprised it didn't attract more attention being that it was a NLCS game. Anyone know who this was? I've looked around youtube but haven't seen any videos pop up. There's a 3 mile TFR during MLB games so maybe they're trying to stay under the radar (no pun intended).
'
Tweet 1 with picture:@JRStone4: "There's a drone flying above AT&T Park!

Tweet 2 with picture:@JRStone4: "Another shot of the 1st inning drone! Middle of the pic...black dot"

BTW Giants won and are heading to the World Series!!! GO SAN FRANCISCO!

So common sense would tell you in every language and age group that this is not ok.
However the regulations we have coming are coming regardless if he flew over the stadium or not.

Hopefully the FAA makes it very clear AGAIN that its not ok to fly so close to any stadium where a game is taking place. There just is no way you can have the situational awareness needed to do this safely. Many times we see blimps and other aerial cameras all around the stadiums.

Once we are all licensed and our UAV's registered, the person who did this could potentially be identified pretty easily and then his actions would be investigated with charges being brought or dropped as we saw in the NYC Phantom case.
(Thats the American way)

This is why i have been advocating very strict regulation that would include pilot training of some sort and vehicle registration of some sort. Then you Phantom deputies can get back to your day job and stop harassing the young, inexperienced, pilots that do stupid things like this.

Redwood said:
It didn't quite make the news but I saw a reporter from KRON4 News tweet out some pictures about a drone flying over/near the National League Championship Series on Tuesday (10/14/14). I'm surprised it didn't attract more attention being that it was a NLCS game. Anyone know who this was? I've looked around youtube but haven't seen any videos pop up. There's a 3 mile TFR during MLB games so maybe they're trying to stay under the radar (no pun intended).
'
Tweet 1 with picture:@JRStone4: "There's a drone flying above AT&T Park!

Tweet 2 with picture:@JRStone4: "Another shot of the 1st inning drone! Middle of the pic...black dot"

BTW Giants won and are heading to the World Series!!! GO SAN FRANCISCO!

Talk about unsafe... That's insane! :shock: We need to have pilots who are more cautious than this..
On another note, it will be nice to watch your Giants get swept by KC ;)
Yes, I'm a diehard Dodgers fan :mrgreen:

I know who it was........................ a big idiot who make people hate "drones"

eckoner said:
This is why i have been advocating very strict regulation that would include pilot training of some sort and vehicle registration of some sort. Then you Phantom deputies can get back to your day job and stop harassing the young, inexperienced, pilots that do stupid things like this.

The problem with this is that the people that do these sort of stupid things don't actually take training / register, meanwhile this becomes a huge PIA / cost for law abiding citizens.

Perhaps a better solution is that each drone is software limited when purchased until you can enter credentials showing that you have taken a test. If lost the drone would be able to be queried through the interface to see who unlocked it, which would stop people selling unlocked drones. No legal / regulatory involvement required and this could be a one time fix instead of an annual fee to maintain registration.

houldsworth1 said:
eckoner said:

The problem with this is that the people that do these sort of stupid things don't actually take training / register, meanwhile this becomes a huge PIA / cost for law abiding citizens.

Perhaps a better solution is that each drone is software limited when purchased until you can enter credentials showing that you have taken a test. If lost the drone would be able to be queried through the interface to see who unlocked it, which would stop people selling unlocked drones. No legal / regulatory involvement required and this could be a one time fix instead of an annual fee to maintain registration.

I like your take on this. The more i think about it the more i see this as the route we go regardless how many people do unsafe things with our UAV's. It's a waste of time to try and chastise people for doing not so smart things because the regulation is coming regardless. They are just trying to figure out how to do it so it does not screw with commerce and its done safely while giving major stakeholders a voice.

Regulations are coming regardless

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4