Samsung VR Gear

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have read all the posts on this subject but I am still confused. I just bought my wife a new Samsung S7 Edge. It came with a free Grear VR. Because of my very advanced age, I am over 70, I want to see if I could use them with my P3 Pro. I live in Florida ( I did say I was really old didn't I ?) and the sun is extra bright here. I have tried everything and still can't see the screen when I am out side. Maybe it's my cataracts attached to these very old eyes. Anyway can it be done or not? I am pretty sure I can talk here out of the Edge. She is already pretty confused as she had an I Phone. I will be sitting here in Florida, Gods waiting room, waiting for an answer. Don't take too long as I keep getting older everyday.

I have read all the posts on this subject but I am still confused. I just bought my wife a new Samsung S7 Edge. It came with a free Grear VR. Because of my very advanced age, I am over 70, I want to see if I could use them with my P3 Pro. I live in Florida ( I did say I was really old didn't I ?) and the sun is extra bright here. I have tried everything and still can't see the screen when I am out side. Maybe it's my cataracts attached to these very old eyes. Anyway can it be done or not? I am pretty sure I can talk here out of the Edge. She is already pretty confused as she had an I Phone. I will be sitting here in Florida, Gods waiting room, waiting for an answer. Don't take too long as I keep getting older everyday.
Not without modding the Gear, which is not something you're likely to want to get into. Your phone plugs into the Gear via the USB port, which is obviously already plugged into your controller when flying. You'd have to remove the USB jack from the Gear and cut some plastic so the cord would fit. I don't think anyone's got it working on anything but the V+ and P3S since neither use USB to connect to the controller. Search around these forums, but like I said, probably not something you'll want to get into.

Hey Ted. I grabbed this from another post -

Not sure if you have seen this but pretty simple to do to get the Gear VR set up working....
Firstly, you will need to download the Package Disabler Pro ap from the Android Store
Once downloaded, you will need to disable "Gear VR Services" (this does not remove it, just parks it until you decide to re enable it if you need to)
Then download Cardboard ap and that should be pretty much it, Litchi has a setting and once selected, the camera moves with your head, quite amazing..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Let me know if they work good if you decide to try it out :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20