Samsung Tablet problem...help

Reaction score
I have a Samsung tablet..8 inch. Tab 3 I think. Here's the problem. I am connect to wifi but I cant connect to internet Cant do google, facebook,this and other forums, dropcam etc..BUT if someone leaves a post on facebook, the words will go across the top of my tablet screen for a few seconds no matter what I'm doing on tablet. This started a couple of hours ago when I may have deleted something because I trying to clear out some older stuff. My time and date are correct .

If you have a wireless router, push and hold in the reset button for at least 5 seconds. Give it time to restart. If that doesn't work, unplug the power for a full 10 seconds.

If no wireless router/modem combination, try the same with the modem. (Since you have a tablet, you must have a wireless router.)

Check the lights first. What is illuminating? Also, check your network settings, before you do any of the above. See if you are connected. I can't explain why facebook seems to be working.

EDIT: I read what you wrote again. Did you do any kind of a reset?

Don't 'reset' your router if you have changed any settings like port forwarding for the drop cam, you will most likely lose all those settings. Just unplug it, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in and wait a few minutes.

I don't do droid but is it a notification banner like iOS uses to alert you to new messages?

Monte55 said:
My laptop and cell phone use that same router and they work

Okay. But, if your network settings got changed, on the tablet, it might explain this. If all else fails, you might need to do a reset of network settings. Don't do it unless you know the WiFi password.

EDIT: I mean a reset of network setting on your tablet only.

LuvMyTJ said:
Don't 'reset' your router if you have changed any settings like port forwarding for the drop cam, you will most likely lose all those settings. Just unplug it, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in and wait a few minutes.

I don't do droid but is it a notification banner like iOS uses to alert you to new messages?

Unless my wireless router is unique, a hardware reset does the same as unplugging. But, he has other devices working on his WiFi, so I suggested looking at his tablets network settings.

EDIT: Come to think about it, all five modem/router combinations worked the same. If you have a combo modem/router, the password is usually on the bottom. If you added a wireless router to a supplied Ethernet modem, you probably set the password, if you are password protected.

If all else fails, you might need to do a reset of network settings. Don't do it unless you know the WiFi password.

How does one do that?

Monte55 said:
If all else fails, you might need to do a reset of network settings. Don't do it unless you know the WiFi password.

How does one do that?

Didn't I just say that?? To reset network settings, go into settings, choose network and you should see an option to reset network settings. BUT, all my tablet experience has been with IPads.

I'm there and I see nothing about resetting. I see my network, it says connected, signal very strong, shows security and IP address.

Monte55 said:
I'm there and I see nothing about resetting. I see my network, it says connected, signal very strong, shows security and IP address.

Sorry, I had to do a few things.

I don't know Monte. I know how to do it on an IPad and I thought surely yours has to have network settings. For example, it should show the name of the wireless router, security settings, password, etc. on an iPad, it is listed in your settings under WiFi.

As far as resetting, on your tablet, an iPad has "general" settings and at the bottom of the right hand column is "reset". Once reset is chosen, then you can reset network settings, etc.

I assume your notebook is connected via WiFi. So, it has to be in the tablet and not your modem or router. I have had mine show connected, etc., yet I couldn't access the net. Resetting my network settings fixed it. Check for a reset. Under it may be reset network settings. If all else fails, you could try a reset of your tablet.

Okay, you said it shows your network is connected. Does it show the name of your network? Is there a check mark in front of that name? If so, you could try clicking on it and it should uncheck it. That makes my iPad search for all networks. You should see your network name and you can select it. But, if you have a password, you will have to enter it, or at least I do on my iPad and notebook.

If none of this helps, maybe someone with your type of tablet will jump in here and help you. I'm sorry if I was unable to help you.

PhantomFanatic said:
Monte55 said:

How does one do that?

Didn't I just say that?? To reset network settings, go into settings, choose network and you should see an option to reset network settings. BUT, all my tablet experience has been with IPads.

Sorry Monte. I got confused and I thought someone else suggested that! It has been a long day!

Thanks for your help. I haven't done anything else and about 15 minutes ago, it whistles at me letting me know there was room activity
from the dropcam. I went over to it and now everything works. Beats me. All along it saw my network name and all. First time it has ever done that. Yippie for me. I like to use the tablet when laying back in bed watching tv.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik