Samsung Tab ( SM-T350) is not connecting to P4

It should! I am using the same Samsung Tab A SM-T350 with my Pro. On occasion I have trouble connecting, but it is generally a boot up sequence. I just turn everything off and then start over. If I'm close to my home Wifi, I generally have to manually disconnect and then connect to the RC. I also turn off the"Smart Switch" in the Wifi settings.

It should! I am using the same Samsung Tab A SM-T350 with my Pro. On occasion I have trouble connecting, but it is generally a boot up sequence. I just turn everything off and then start over. If I'm close to my home Wifi, I generally have to manually disconnect and then connect to the RC. I also turn off the"Smart Switch" in the Wifi settings.

Thank you I will try this tomorrow

I am having fits with my tab a. It will occasion lyrics connect, but been trying everything for hours tonight and can't get it to work. P3P connects right away to my phone but Tab A is a no go.

I am having fits with my tab a. It will occasion lyrics connect, but been trying everything for hours tonight and can't get it to work. P3P connects right away to my phone but Tab A is a no go.
I'm not sure I can help you, but I am also using a Samsung Tablet A with my P3P. I do know that you may have trouble connecting if you are in the house. Particularly in a mobile home. My cousin has that problem, but when he goes outside, it works just fine. I also know that I will have trouble connecting if my aircraft is sitting in the bed of my pickup truck. If I move away from the truck by about 20 feet, it connects just fine. Other than that, I have always been able to connect when I'm out in the field.

Here's something else I just found with my Tab A. If you go into Settings, then click on More connection Settings, there is a switch there called Nearby device scanning. My Tab has that switch in the "On" position. Maybe that is important.

Now that rings bell for me. I remember that I had trouble one time when I switched from using my Tab A, to using my Samsung Note 3 cellphone. Then when I tried to use my Tab A again, I could not get it to connect. But the Note 3 did just fine. I can't quite remember what I did to fix it. But I do know that I created the problem when I switched devices. I think I had to go into my Note 3 and delete the wifi connection or something like that. I fooled around with it and finally got it to work. I never did that again. And no problems since.

I only tried to connect my phone when the Tab A wouldn't cooperate, basically to rule out issues with the bird itself. I tried flying with my phone once and the processor isn't fast enough to really use - and screen is too small for my bad eyes.

I tried for 2 hours last night in my living room to connect, and it absolutely would not work. I tried the tools ap recommended in another thread, and also zapper, neither made a difference. Drive me batty. I was able to fly for half hour, 2 batteries earlier in the evening - although I did have a bit of trouble connecting, it connected after 3-4 tried both flights. Then when I got home I wanted to check some settings and logs and it just would not cooperate.

I have tried with and without airplane mode, killing as many apps as I can get it to stop, and nothing is now working. I found the nearby device scanning, and that was set to on as well - but I think that is just wifi and bluetooth connections, so I shut it off when I was doing all my trails. I am getting really close to a factory reset, but it is going to be a royal pain, as this is technically the wifes tab, and I only borrow it. She does have facebook, twitter and a couple games on it, but I don't think it is majorly overloaded.

What gets me is it working perfectly the first time I fired it up, and a few times after that, and then it seems it is getting worse and worse.

I checked, and I am running the current App, but the P3P is on the 1.8 firmware, looking like the 1.9 is out, not sure if I should upgrade just yet or not.

I know the Tab A isn't specifically supported by DJI, but darn, it should be about perfect for both the P3P and P4, I think the size is spot on, it pretty light, has GPS and a micro SD slot.

(Sorry not trying to hijack your thread Stephan, but figure our issues are common with the Tab A, not the specific bird.

Well, I certainly don't have any other ideas. It sounds like there is some kind of interference go on. Maybe turning off your cellphone while trying to connect. As I said earlier, I had trouble like that when I tried to use both at different times. I remember that I switched from my Tab A to using the Note 3 just to see if how it world work on my recently acquired P3P. I routinely use the Note 3 with my second aircraft, which is a Standard. The Note 3 worked fine with the P3P, but when I tried to reconnect the Tab A to the P3P, I could not get it to connect. I knew that I had created the problem and was determine to fix it myself. I think I worked with it for a half an hour trying different things before I finally got the Tab A to work again. I definitely will not do that again, because I'm not really sure what I did to fix it. Basically, all I know is that the Samsung Tablet A will work just fine. I've had no more troubles in the last month.

Ha Mine does the same thing. Some times my Tab A will connect but most of the time not. It will connect everytime I plug into my samsung s7 phone each time. New bird and a new tab A and I have yet to even fly the darn thing. Im looking at maybe buying another tablet like the nexus 7 2013. I pads are just way to much mony to spend and the nvidia sheild k1 can be no where to be found. I have tried all different turn on sequences and it does not seem to matter for the phone but with the tablet????? it is a no go

In the tab A settings should the wierless be turned off? This DJI brand is all new to me as I came from yuneec

So may have found something that will help and it points to to the table usb I think. I tried hooking the tab to my computer and had to plug the usb in a few times and into different ports on the computer before I could browse the tab. After being able to see and browse the tab I didn't use the tab for a few hours then it connected right away to the p3p.

I think there is something not releasing the usb port on the tab... even though I don't hook anything else up to it. Hooking it up to the computer before every flight isn't capable though.

Gotta check to see if the tab is up to date. Gonna lick this yet, I'm not buying another tablet.

So may have found something that will help and it points to to the table usb I think. I tried hooking the tab to my computer and had to plug the usb in a few times and into different ports on the computer before I could browse the tab. After being able to see and browse the tab I didn't use the tab for a few hours then it connected right away to the p3p.

I think there is something not releasing the usb port on the tab... even though I don't hook anything else up to it. Hooking it up to the computer before every flight isn't capable though.

Gotta check to see if the tab is up to date. Gonna lick this yet, I'm not buying another tablet.
pleae let us know how to update if we need to

Ha Mine does the same thing. Some times my Tab A will connect but most of the time not. It will connect everytime I plug into my samsung s7 phone each time. New bird and a new tab A and I have yet to even fly the darn thing. Im looking at maybe buying another tablet like the nexus 7 2013. I pads are just way to much mony to spend and the nvidia sheild k1 can be no where to be found. I have tried all different turn on sequences and it does not seem to matter for the phone but with the tablet????? it is a no go

In the tab A settings should the wierless be turned off? This DJI brand is all new to me as I came from yuneec
You know now that you mention it, I think I did see something on my Tab A screen at one time that made reference to a USB device trying to connect. It asked me is I wanted to allow. Watch your screen closely when you boot the Tab up and see is there isn't some kind of message there. Also, I just checked, and my Bluetooth is turned off.

I have seen that message it asks to go into settings if you want to make it a default to launch the app when you connect it. I did and said yes. I have tried several cables and they all act the same. Im thinking of just using the Tab A for travel on the plane when I fly,,,which is alot and getting the ASUS ZenPad S 8 Z580C-B1-BK 8" 32 GB Tablet for the P4 from amazon. If it dont work I will send it back to amazon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31