Samsung tab a 7 or 8 with p3 4k

Reaction score
ive been looking to see if the tab a will work with my bird but see lots of posts that are iffy but they are older posts. Wondering what the latest might be on this tablet. Bestbuy in Canada has both the 7 and 8 on a Boxing Day sale.

I use the Samsung Tab A with my P3Pro. I do not have any real issues. Sometimes the video is a little show. I may get a few pixels on the tab display now and then, but not on the SD card. There is a unique startup procedure that I must use each time. I turn on the Pro, then turn on the RC unit. I then turn on the TAB, and it connects every time. It will not connect if the TAB is on first. When I land and change batteries, I must restart the TAB to get it to connect. For me this works every time. I used it just today.

I use a Galaxy Tab A with no issues on my Phantom 3 Pro.

Oh wait, I do have one issue. Map doesn't follow along with aircraft. My Apple has the same issue. Even after going back a few version. Overall I am very happy with the Samsung Galaxy tab a 2016.

Happy Holidays everyone.

TK

I use the Samsung Tab A with my P3Pro. I do not have any real issues. Sometimes the video is a little show. I may get a few pixels on the tab display now and then, but not on the SD card. There is a unique startup procedure that I must use each time. I turn on the Pro, then turn on the RC unit. I then turn on the TAB, and it connects every time. It will not connect if the TAB is on first. When I land and change batteries, I must restart the TAB to get it to connect. For me this works every time. I used it just today.
Do you mean the tab is powered off and you connect the USB cable and then power it on last?

Sent from my BTV-W09 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a p4 and had lots of issues with the tab A & S-2.
Someone said the new version of android is the problem?
I sold both of them and bought an iPad mini 4. No problems.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: 30harry
Thanks guys. Picked up the tab a8 this morning and it connected right away to the DJI app. Did not fly it but it seams to work. A bit of lag on the video when I pas my hand across the camera but no different than my iPad. Hope to fly it later today if the rain goes away.

Do you mean the tab is powered off and you connect the USB cable and then power it on last?

Sent from my BTV-W09 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I leave the USB cable connected the whole time. I just turn on the TAB after I turn on the RC and the Drone. If I have to change batteries, I just hit the restart button on the TAB, and it automatically connects.

Reactions: 30harry
I leave the USB cable connected the whole time. I just turn on the TAB after I turn on the RC and the Drone. If I have to change batteries, I just hit the restart button on the TAB, and it automatically connects.

I ask because I'm having problems with my S2. It worked initially but now won't. I'll try your process and if it doesn't work I'm going to do what hammernut did and get the mini 4.

I ask because I'm having problems with my S2. It worked initially but now won't. I'll try your process and if it doesn't work I'm going to do what hammernut did and get the mini 4.
A lot of pilots prefer the iPad series. My son uses the mini on his Standard. I just didn't want to pay the extra price for the iPad. But if I would have had trouble with the TAB, I'd switch in a heartbeat! When I purchased, the iPad was $250.00, and the TAB was $170.00 at Wal Mart. That was 6 months ago.

I'm confused. How many of us use the USB from tablet to RC for the p3 4k??The RC that comes with the p3 4k has a USB mini connector. DJI told me not to use the cable to connect the tablet to remote, just use wifi because it wouldn't work. Sorry if this is off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm confused. How many of us use the USB from tablet to RC for the p3 4k??The RC that comes with the p3 4k has a USB mini connector. DJI told me not to use the cable to connect the tablet to remote, just use wifi because it wouldn't work. Sorry if this is off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
The P3Standard only uses Wifi to connect. No USB cable. The P3Pro and Advanced use the USB cable only, and no Wifi. I"m not sure about the P3 4K

Last edited:
The P3Standard only uses Wifi to connect. No USB cable. The P3Pro and Advanced use the USB cable only, and no Wifi. I"m not sure about the P3 4K
The P3 4K is same as the Standard. Wifi connect only. The mini usb on the 4K is for DAT files retrieval. Not normally used by most time.

I just bought the Galaxy tab A 7.0 as well, only for use with my P3A.

I have a question for you Tab A owners.... Does your tablet seem very "picky" as to which charger you use? If I try to charge it with my phone charger or with my desktop computer or with this powerbank thing I have........ it takes FOREVER. If I use the original charger, everything is fine. The strange thing is that my phone charger is 2.1A and charges my phone right up, or the phantom's transmitter, no problem, like it's on a supercharger, but the Tab A's charger is 1A.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31