Samsung S6 as a display?

Reaction score
I see that the Samsung S5 is compatible with the Pilot app. Nothing is said about the Samsung S6 but I'm assuming that the S6 is also compatible. Can anybody confirm this?

I cannot confirm the S6, but the Note 4 works great. I think the chances the S6 works are very very high. The Note 4 was not on the compatible list either.

The only quirk I have is that I have to load DJI Pilot app prior to plugging in the USB.

Try downloading the the app and seeing if it will run. That is what I did. Not 100%, but made me feel good enough to order. Figured I'd pick up a Nexus 7 or 9 if my phone did not work. Probably still will for the bigger screen.

Mine worked well when ihad an s6 but i have let it go i had three to be exact and all had shocking battery life so noe i have an iphone 6 plus
Hope you have better battery luck then i had but it worked no probs with p3p and app for me

I used my S6. I found the DJI USB cord would not plug into the S6 though for some reason. So I used the cord that came with the S6 and it worked fine.
I just got a Nexus 7 2013 from a craigslist ad with 4g for $150 bucks. Only used it once so far and works well enough.

I see that the Samsung S5 is compatible with the Pilot app. Nothing is said about the Samsung S6 but I'm assuming that the S6 is also compatible. Can anybody confirm this?
I use my S6 half the time, and an ipad the other half. S6 works fine, just close all apps and put in airplane mode. Very little lag if any with mine.

I used my S6. I found the DJI USB cord would not plug into the S6 though for some reason. So I used the cord that came with the S6 and it worked fine.
I just got a Nexus 7 2013 from a craigslist ad with 4g for $150 bucks. Only used it once so far and works well enough.

Hi how come you use a cord? Does it not use a wifi signal?

Thanks

Should work. I recommend buying a cheap samsung tablet. You'll enjoy the bigger screen!

I paid $160 for my Galaxy Tab PRO at best buy. It's my dedicated flight tablet (minus pandora streaming to keep the battery cycled)

IMG_0497_zpst7w8mhgg.jpg

Yeah, their 'supported' recommended list is a strange one and outdated, and I don't think anything that should be looked at for extensive list of compatible devices. You would assume all later devices from their base list would be ideal, with more hardware to handle the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4