Samsung Galaxy Tab S any good for Vision+?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i was thinking of upgrading to a bigger screen so have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S in mind with the supered amoled screen which is supposed to be good even in sunshine.
My question is has anyone used one successfully with the Vision+? everything is updated to the latest firmware.
Also not sure on how to attatch to the tx?
Any advice would be great.
UKFlyer

Yes it works fine, not sure what you mean about connecting it to the TX ?? Its just the same as another tablet, just load the app and off you go.

I did try a 7 inch tablet but for me the whole tx then was too heavy even with neck strap and not well balanced.
Going back a month there is a thread on a mount available on eBay uk which hold the tab

robinb said:
I did try a 7 inch tablet but for me the whole tx then was too heavy even with neck strap and not well balanced.
Going back a month there is a thread on a mount available on eBay uk which hold the tab

I started a thread a while back about the Satechi mount from amazon, which holds it fine !!

:D

pyrophantom said:
robinb said:

I started a thread a while back about the Satechi mount from amazon, which holds it fine !!

:D
+1 I tried my Galaxy tab 10.1 , it worked fine but it was too large to handle comfortably. I got a Nexus 7 tablet and used the Satechi mount from Amazon and for me it is the ideal size, big enough to see but not so large it is uncomfortable to hold.

I have the new Tab S 8.4 bought specifically to use with my P2V+. TBH, I would not say it is hugely better than a standard tablet or phone. In bright sunshine it is still almost impossible to see so I would say, from first hand experience, don't waste your money. I also have a Note 8.0 and there is little difference in bright sunshine between them, i.e. they are both pretty crap. Add a sun shade to whatever you already have. Much cheaper option. Or stand under a tree, cheaper still :)

Thanks for all the replies, i currently use a Samsung Galaxy s3 with a 3D printed made sunshade which does help a lot but does not totally eliminate the glare so was considering a better screen because the s3 is known for being especially poor in sunshine.
I'm going to forget about the tablet now and instead upgrade my phone to the Galaxy S5 which also has the amoled screen like the galaxy tab S, i will still get a sunshade though for the s5 if possible.
My s3 with 3D printed sunshade.
2iqzk09.jpg

2evz3ex.jpg

1693syr.jpg

UKFlyer

wattsn said:
I have the new Tab S 8.4 bought specifically to use with my P2V+. TBH, I would not say it is hugely better than a standard tablet or phone. In bright sunshine it is still almost impossible to see so I would say, from first hand experience, don't waste your money. I also have a Note 8.0 and there is little difference in bright sunshine between them, i.e. they are both pretty crap. Add a sun shade to whatever you already have. Much cheaper option. Or stand under a tree, cheaper still :)

Nothing is going to work in bright sunshine its ridiculous to compare anything but in ordinary daylight it is definitely clearer than the ordinary screens ! Lets face it its crap alternatives all round unless you dicth the plus for a P2 with zenmuse 3D and get lightbridge (if you can get it to work) and you will have a better large image, otherwise its just different shades of crap.

:roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20