Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7-Inch Tablet compatibility

Reaction score
Hello. I'm a newbie and of course frothing at the mouth for a P3Adv. This thread is just a part of my pre-purchase research. I don't find the Samsung Tab A 9.7 (haven't purchased yet) on the list for devices. However, the Samsung Tab A 9.7 is fairly new. What I've been noticing are some glitchy-comments regarding DJI GO and any given OS, whether Apple or Android. My thought -- don't want my $1000 investment crashing in real life as the app is crashing. As a mid-level geek, I understand that many problems are user-initiated. Also, what I've noticed, is that the majority are satisfied if not ecstatic. I don't own a tablet and want the larger screen. I do own a DJI GO device-compatible Samsung S4. It's been a great product and it's tablet cousin is considerably more economical than a iPad Air and is rated in the 3-4 star range. Thoughts?

That tablet has specs that are equal to and/or better than other commonly used tablets, so it should work. The common problems can be avoided by setting up your tablet like this.

Reactions: richardtomcat
I use my Galaxy S5 and it is perfect never a problem. I much prefer Android. I have tried my brother's Galaxy Tab S and it works perfectly. Most people seem to think the new Samsung screens are the best in daylight as well.

One key in your initial concerns pertains to a fear of crashing because the app fails. This technically cant happen, no matter how bad the issue is. There is no requirement for a tablet/phone to even be connected. The app isn't required at all to fly perfectly safely. That being said, I run both Android and crApple device. Mostly for Beta testing purposes. But also because there are 3rd party app in both arenas that I like. So depending on the mission, I may fly potentially both OS'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corvette595
One key in your initial concerns pertains to a fear of crashing because the app fails. This technically cant happen, no matter how bad the issue is. There is no requirement for a tablet/phone to even be connected. The app isn't required at all to fly perfectly safely. That being said, I run both Android and crApple device. Mostly for Beta testing purposes. But also because there are 3rd party app in both arenas that I like. So depending on the mission, I may fly potentially both OS'.

III% Streve Thank you so much. I discovered the crashing app thing logic after surfing some YouTube videos. The rest of what you say follows that line of thought. I'm beginning to rethink my thoughts regarding Adv Vs Pro. One thing is that the Pro has a dynamic return feature to the controller as opposed (or in addition to ?) to the GPS return to home of the Adv. Which P3 do you own?

Thanx.
Yeah .. I have a S4. Love the phone .. screen way to small for my desires. Apple devices all my life. Took a step out of my zone with Samsung and am pleased. And, as I said, they're noticeably more economical than iPads.

I see that you own the Pro. I initially favored the Adv because of cost and considered the 2.7K to be more than adequate for my needs or application. For about another $260, some of the upgrades seem worth it .. 4K being the lesser. I understand that only the Pro has dynamic return in that the P3 returns to the controller where as the Adv can only (which is still very kool) GPS return to home. Is the Pro's dynamic return ability in addition to a GPS-return choice or is it just dynamic return? I like the concept of dynamic return if one is on a boat. And next .. I'm a graphics artist and frequently deal with video editing. Rendering 1080p can be time consuming enough without doing 4K. What's been your experience? Does the DJI GO app allow you the choice between 4K and 2.7K?

Last edited:
I see that you own the Pro. I initially favored the Adv because of cost and considered the 2.7K to more than adequate for my needs or application. For about another $260, some of the upgrades seem worth it .. 4K being the lesser. I understand that only the Pro has dynamic return in that the P3 returns to the controller where as the Adv can only (which is still very kool) GPS return to home. Is the Pro's dynamic return ability in addition to a GPS-return choice or is it just dynamic return? I like the concept of dynamic return if one is on a boat. And next .. I'm a graphics artist and frequently deal with video editing. Rendering 1080p can be time consuming enough without doing 4K. What's been your experience? Does the DJI GO app allow you the choice between 4K and 2.7K?
The Pro does not do 2.7k, and internal editing of videos within the Go app only deals with cached video at 720. I do all of my editing at 4k.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic