Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7-Inch Tablet compatibility

i have a samsung galaxy tab s 8.4 and a dji phantom 3 profesional.
will theese work together ok?

I have a samsung tab s 10.5 and I needed the extender for it to fit.

20151119_210553-1.jpg 20151119_211110-1.jpg 20151119_205523.jpg

Reactions: richardtomcat
I have a 9.7" Samsung Tab S2, it fits perfectly in the stock device holder. And it is stable after I swapped its plastic stand with Taco RC aluminium stand yesterday. My S2 is also loaded with various apps and games, and it runs DJI Go smoothly with plenty of power.

I thought the p3p also has more video bandwidth resulting in a better hdmi picture when used.
Per DJI's spec sheet, the P3P has a higher max video bitrate than the P3A.
It shows 10Mbps versus 2Mbps for the FPV video transmission. Some do see the difference, especially when using the add on HDMI module with goggles.

Compare the Phantom Series | DJI

I have a 9.7" Samsung Tab S2, it fits perfectly in the stock device holder. And it is stable after I swapped its plastic stand with Taco RC aluminium stand yesterday. My S2 is also loaded with various apps and games, and it runs DJI Go smoothly with plenty of power.
Does the necessary USB cable come with the Samsung to connect to the RC?

Does the necessary USB cable come with the Samsung to connect to the RC?
S2 comes with USB-microUSB cable for charging, I can use it to connect to my R/C, but it is 1 metre long and I need to loop it around the metal bar to avoid it getting tangled. So I bought an extendable USB-microUSB cable for it instead - Retractable Micro USB Charger Cable for Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 S5 S6 Edge Note 4 3

Any USB-microUSB cable should work (as long as they are not some really cheaply-made crap).

Last edited:
Per DJI's spec sheet, the P3P has a higher max video bitrate than the P3A.
It shows 10Mbps versus 2Mbps for the FPV video transmission. Some do see the difference, especially when using the add on HDMI module with goggles.

Compare the Phantom Series | DJI
Does anyone know if the latest firmware for the Phantom or for the remote control has increased the bitrate for the Phantom Advanced? I don't know much about it, but 2 is much lower than 10 so hopefully the 2 was increased.

Hello. I'm a newbie and of course frothing at the mouth for a P3Adv. This thread is just a part of my pre-purchase research. I don't find the Samsung Tab A 9.7 (haven't purchased yet) on the list for devices. However, the Samsung Tab A 9.7 is fairly new. What I've been noticing are some glitchy-comments regarding DJI GO and any given OS, whether Apple or Android. My thought -- don't want my $1000 investment crashing in real life as the app is crashing. As a mid-level geek, I understand that many problems are user-initiated. Also, what I've noticed, is that the majority are satisfied if not ecstatic. I don't own a tablet and want the larger screen. I do own a DJI GO device-compatible Samsung S4. It's been a great product and it's tablet cousin is considerably more economical than a iPad Air and is rated in the 3-4 star range. Thoughts?
Bought a Professional with extra battery, snap on/off guards, harness.

Hello. I'm a newbie and of course frothing at the mouth for a P3Adv. This thread is just a part of my pre-purchase research. I don't find the Samsung Tab A 9.7 (haven't purchased yet) on the list for devices. However, the Samsung Tab A 9.7 is fairly new. What I've been noticing are some glitchy-comments regarding DJI GO and any given OS, whether Apple or Android. My thought -- don't want my $1000 investment crashing in real life as the app is crashing. As a mid-level geek, I understand that many problems are user-initiated. Also, what I've noticed, is that the majority are satisfied if not ecstatic. I don't own a tablet and want the larger screen. I do own a DJI GO device-compatible Samsung S4. It's been a great product and it's tablet cousin is considerably more economical than a iPad Air and is rated in the 3-4 star range. Thoughts?
Gotta a P3P. Couldn't be happier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I bought the NEW Samsung Galaxy TAB S2 9.7" with 64GB + 128 GB plug in chip, WiFi only, and I use a Verizon Jetpack on 5.8 GHz WiFi for my remote internet connection to the Galaxy in the field. The Galaxy works perfectly with my P3Pro using either DJI GO or the Litchi apps. I love the Litchi app and am using it almost exclusively. An "I Thing" would drive me "batty" as I am a Windows guy. The Galaxy Tab S2 is very fast with an 8 core processor! I held off buying a Phantom until it would work with a fast Samsung Galaxy Tablet, so I could enjoy using the tablet for other Windows things. Just my opinion, that fits what I want to accomplish.
Joe
KC7GHT

I 2nd the Galaxy Tab S2. Works great with DJI GO and Litchi. Fits into the remote perfectly.

Samsung Tab A 9.7" here on a P3P with no issues, nice big screen would never go back to the 7" tablet I used at first; regarding the USB cable heres a pro (tech) tip - wrap it tightly coiled around a pencil, clamp both ends so it stays coiled then heat it up for about a minute or so with as hair dryer. Let it cool off while still coiled, then unclamp and enjoy your new custom coiled USB cable as per the attached pic :)

Attachments

• 1453949693727.jpg
    1453949693727.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 484
Its a standard USB cable. Everyone on the planet finally standardized.... Except crApple of course! They just like to be stupid about everything!

Actually my Nexus 5X has usb-c (double-sided like the lightning cable) so looks like yet another standard is coming.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31