SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE RESTARTS

I have an S7e on android 6.0.1
I'm on the latest GO app, but fly with Litchi. Seems fine to me.

What version is your S7e Firmware?
Have you cleared the cache?
Uninstall and reinstall DJI GO app??
Use another cable??
Restarted Phone??
Remove any unwanted apps in the background??

I just switched from an iPhone 6 Plus to Samsung S7 Edge and as soon as I plug in the USB cable, the phone restarts. I'm at a loss at what to do besides using an iOS device.

Android 6.0.1
Samsung Build MMB29M.G935AUCS4API2
DJI Go v2.9.1
P3P Firmware 1.9.60

Thanks in advance.

Roll back to v2.8.3 of the android app, I think you may find that solves your problem.
It did for me.

Roll back to v2.8.3 of the android app, I think you may find that solves your problem.
It did for me.
Thanks Mocho, I am not sure how to rollback to a previous version using the Play store but I will Google the APK and see if I can sideload it instead. I'll report back if this solved my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Mocho, I am not sure how to rollback to a previous version using the Play store but I will Google the APK and see if I can sideload it instead. I'll report back if this solved my issue.

Thanks in advance.
Just download the .apk to your device.
Uninstall the current vr., then clean up caches with one of the many device cleaners (important step for some reason).
Then simply use your file manager to run the .apk.
I've got a clean vr. Of 2.8,3 if needed.

Amazing how much trouble post 2.8.3 has caused me on my new S2 tablet!
Good luck, I'm hoping it will work for u as well!!

Hello all, I have resolved my issue with special thanks @Mocho. However, I followed a slightly different procedure, I am not sure if any of the steps helped or if it was just simply uninstalling and reinstalling but here is what I did in detail:
  1. I uninstalled the latest version of DJI Go (v2.9.1 at this time - 09/29/16)
  2. I turned off Developers Settings.
  3. I used ES File Explorer to remove the folders "DJI" and "DJI.Pilot" from my internal storage.
  4. I downloaded the previous version of DJI Go v2.9.1 (66) at APK Pure.
    1. Apparently, the latest one shown in Google Play is DJI Go v2.9.1 (67), but APK Pure shows two versions of the 2.9.1 APK and I downloaded v2.9.1 (66).
  5. I then installed DJI Go v2.9.1 (66) with ES File Explorer. Of course, you have to enable "Unknown Sources" in your settings to proceed with sideloading.
  6. After install, I verified that in Google Play, the application DJI Go shows as "update", this explains the two 2.9.1 files in APK Pure, I was running the 2.9.1 (66) instead of (67) as expected. However, I did not update at this time.
  7. I opened DJI Go and touched the "Me" menu option at the bottom of the screen. I logged into my DJI account from there.
  8. Once logged in, I went to settings in the DJI application and enabled the Developers Settings option inside the DJI Settings.
  9. The Android Developer's Settings screen opens and I turned it on, also turned on USB Debugging and in the USB mode I selected MTP.
  10. Back in the DJI Settings, I verifed that Developer Settings was enabled.
  11. I closed DJI Go and re-opened the application.
  12. Once DJI Go was opened, I plugged in my USB cable to my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and the default application screen opened, I chose DJI Go. Then the aircraft was correctly identified as a Phantom 3 Pro.
  13. I then opened "Camera" in the DJI Go app and I was able to view the live video feed. I proceeded to configure the aircraft options and even synced my previous flights from the cloud which I had done in iOS.
  14. I was able to auto-takeoff (after my usual pre-checks) and fly around for like 10 minutes. The video never stuttered or lagged and the phone never reset itself.
  15. I then closed the app and enabled the 32 channel hack by unzipping the attached file ".dji.configs" into the Internal Storage->Android->Data->DJI.Pilot->Files. (You will need to show hidden files to see the DJI.Configs inside the zip file).
  16. Lastly, I opened Google Play and updated DJI Go to the latest, which presumely is v2.9.1 (67).
I have done a few more tests and the phone has not reboot itself. However, everytime I plug it in I am sure to open DJI Go first before connecting the USB cable. I will try without opening the app but I wanted to make sure I configure everything before I attempt.

I hope this helps anyone with a rebooting Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge or similar phone/problem.

My current configuration:
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on AT&T
  • Android 6.0.1
  • Samsung Build MMB29M.G935AUCS4API2
  • DJI Go v2.9.1 (67)
  • P3P Firmware 1.9.60

Attachments

• 32 Channel Hack.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

Newbie to the Forum but a DJI pilot for a number of years now, I have just encountered this issue whilst on Holidays in the country, nothing short of a heart attack when i'm 1km away and the phone reboots. has anyone truely found a fix to this yet? or is @rcheing method best? Also wanting to find out more on the 32 channel Hack procedure as i would like to have more range and stability in flight.

Thanks everyone, i will test the above theory and get back to you all

Hello all, I have resolved my issue with special thanks @Mocho. However, I followed a slightly different procedure, I am not sure if any of the steps helped or if it was just simply uninstalling and reinstalling but here is what I did in detail:
  1. I uninstalled the latest version of DJI Go (v2.9.1 at this time - 09/29/16)
  2. I turned off Developers Settings.
  3. I used ES File Explorer to remove the folders "DJI" and "DJI.Pilot" from my internal storage.
  4. I downloaded the previous version of DJI Go v2.9.1 (66) at APK Pure.
    1. Apparently, the latest one shown in Google Play is DJI Go v2.9.1 (67), but APK Pure shows two versions of the 2.9.1 APK and I downloaded v2.9.1 (66).
  5. I then installed DJI Go v2.9.1 (66) with ES File Explorer. Of course, you have to enable "Unknown Sources" in your settings to proceed with sideloading.
  6. After install, I verified that in Google Play, the application DJI Go shows as "update", this explains the two 2.9.1 files in APK Pure, I was running the 2.9.1 (66) instead of (67) as expected. However, I did not update at this time.
  7. I opened DJI Go and touched the "Me" menu option at the bottom of the screen. I logged into my DJI account from there.
  8. Once logged in, I went to settings in the DJI application and enabled the Developers Settings option inside the DJI Settings.
  9. The Android Developer's Settings screen opens and I turned it on, also turned on USB Debugging and in the USB mode I selected MTP.
  10. Back in the DJI Settings, I verifed that Developer Settings was enabled.
  11. I closed DJI Go and re-opened the application.
  12. Once DJI Go was opened, I plugged in my USB cable to my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and the default application screen opened, I chose DJI Go. Then the aircraft was correctly identified as a Phantom 3 Pro.
  13. I then opened "Camera" in the DJI Go app and I was able to view the live video feed. I proceeded to configure the aircraft options and even synced my previous flights from the cloud which I had done in iOS.
  14. I was able to auto-takeoff (after my usual pre-checks) and fly around for like 10 minutes. The video never stuttered or lagged and the phone never reset itself.
  15. I then closed the app and enabled the 32 channel hack by unzipping the attached file ".dji.configs" into the Internal Storage->Android->Data->DJI.Pilot->Files. (You will need to show hidden files to see the DJI.Configs inside the zip file).
  16. Lastly, I opened Google Play and updated DJI Go to the latest, which presumely is v2.9.1 (67).
I have done a few more tests and the phone has not reboot itself. However, everytime I plug it in I am sure to open DJI Go first before connecting the USB cable. I will try without opening the app but I wanted to make sure I configure everything before I attempt.

I hope this helps anyone with a rebooting Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge or similar phone/problem.

My current configuration:
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on AT&T
  • Android 6.0.1
  • Samsung Build MMB29M.G935AUCS4API2
  • DJI Go v2.9.1 (67)
  • P3P Firmware 1.9.60
Followed instructions but no luck, phone reboots after 20sec

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: Biggle and K9DAVE
Followed instructions but no luck, phone reboots after 20sec

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.
Sounds like DJI is going to have to talk with Samsung to figure out why so many Samsung users are having difficulty with their newer devices. This has been ongoing issue since Android update to v6 and the newer DJI app.

Likewise as well, sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Did you make sure DJI Go is opened before you plugged into the controller? I heard the USB cable can make a difference as well, however, this didn't make sense to me as I believe as far as the controller and app are concerned, there must be a USB connection, but I do want to point out I'm using the USB cord that came with the P3P.

Likewise as well, sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Did you make sure DJI Go is opened before you plugged into the controller? I heard the USB cable can make a difference as well, however, this didn't make sense to me as I believe as far as the controller and app are concerned, there must be a USB connection, but I do want to point out I'm using the USB cord that came with the P3P.

cables can go bad and internal wires fail etc...
remember that everything that breaks worked fine until it broke....

I tryed connect it to samsung note 4 and all worked like charm. Samsung has messed up someting badly in firmware update i think.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj