same question Please read and comment.

Reaction score
How can two people ask the same question in a matter of one day. One person had a fly a way and anther is looking for a model. The two question's have nearly the same content but in different way's, all are asking what type of model to buy. The first question was asked on Tuesday at 09.49pm (2149) and the other was posted on Wednesday at 7.37 pm (1937hrs). They both basically ask what is the best model to buy. IF they had looked at the forum's the could have read the advice that had been given and ask farther point's on that. May be I was not getting the gist of both forum's ,but, to me they looked to have the same idea's. I can now see why some people are thinking of leaving this site, to many point's being asked with out people going through what already has been asked.

It's a bit ironic that somebody just posted about reposting a couple days ago. With full instructions on how to use google to search the forums.

With active forums you'll never get away from this. Although it's annoying it also means we have a steady flow of new members. And that's a good sign for the community.

derrickduff said:
It's a bit ironic that somebody just posted about reposting a couple days ago. With full instructions on how to use google to search the forums.

With active forums you'll never get away from this. Although it's annoying it also means we have a steady flow of new members. And that's a good sign for the community.

hehe truth. it's the eternal struggle... you want your community to grow but that means there's always people joining thinking their issue is too personal or important and posting new threads on topics long covered.

The problem with THIS forum (seems to be) a single unresponsive admin that isn't making basic improvements now that the community has grown. Once a forum reaches a certain size a single person just can't run it alone anymore and that seems to be what's happening here.

imo stickythreads are the most basic forum feature we don't have that would cut down on topic repetition

derrickduff said:

I had read the post that was put by Joel-t and agree with his idea, even after posting his statement there were people still coming up with the same question. His idea wants putting at the top in a permanent heading so that we can search for the topic on site without having to go to google, I am sure that way people will be on the site and see other question's that they are looking for.

chopperflyer said:
How can two people ask the same question in a matter of one day. One person had a fly a way and anther is looking for a model. The two question's have nearly the same content but in different way's, all are asking what type of model to buy. The first question was asked on Tuesday at 09.49pm (2149) and the other was posted on Wednesday at 7.37 pm (1937hrs). They both basically ask what is the best model to buy. IF they had looked at the forum's the could have read the advice that had been given and ask farther point's on that. May be I was not getting the gist of both forum's ,but, to me they looked to have the same idea's. I can now see why some people are thinking of leaving this site, to many point's being asked with out people going through what already has been asked.

If you have time to post this useless complaint then maybe you should not only leave but also find a better use for your life.

i have never understood why peoples brains melt over the fact that there are duplicate threads on a forum. Nearly every forum I have ever signed up for has rules that say something like "search before you ask a question to see if it has already been answered!".

If you see a duplicate looking thread title, move on, no one is forcing you to open it. It takes up an extra 1/8th of an inch on your screen and slows you down by 1/1000th of a second to scroll by in order to get to the next thread that you want. And on some really popular boards, like XDA develops, if I do a search, I may get 600 threads, or a thread with 600 responses in it. So now it takes the guy searching for an answer an hour just to comb through all the garbage. Whereby he could go post a new thread and get an answer fairly quickly all the while wasting NONE of your time, its a win win for all parties involved, and your party stays completely unaffected.

and p.s. the search function on this forum is next to junk.

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
i have never understood why peoples brains melt over the fact that there are duplicate threads on a forum. Nearly every forum I have ever signed up for has rules that say something like "search before you ask a question to see if it has already been answered!".

If you see a duplicate looking thread title, move on, no one is forcing you to open it. It takes up an extra 1/8th of an inch on your screen and slows you down by 1/1000th of a second to scroll by in order to get to the next thread that you want. And on some really popular boards, like XDA develops, if I do a search, I may get 600 threads, or a thread with 600 responses in it. So now it takes the guy searching for an answer an hour just to comb through all the garbage. Whereby he could go post a new thread and get an answer fairly quickly all the while wasting NONE of your time, its a win win for all parties involved, and your party stays completely unaffected.

Exactly!

Such complaints are such a waste of space and worse than a duplicate question.

Also - the pithy response to "look it up" ignores the fact that if you search for certain terms they at best yield irrelevant results and at worst yield nothing bc the term is so common.

It's a great forum and resource and getting bent out of shape at questions asked and answered is beyond silly as is posting "do a search"

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:

+1. There's a little wheel on your mouse in the center of the two buttons. If the repetitive question causes so much distress, roll the wheel and scroll past it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a new member, I really appreciate those members that took time to answer my questions even though I know that they had been asked before. New members are going to ask those questions though! That's why I joined and newbies will continue to join. One sure way to drive new members off is to tell them to use the "search feature". :? Having a well designed board could help with the redundant questions.

Perhaps having separate forums for Basic Phantom Information & Basic Phantom 2 Information and whatever else needs it's own forum. Nestled under each of those could be a FEW stickies explaining the features, where to find instructions & the helpful hints that members have provided. Too many stickies get confusing though AND it would be extremely important that the info be kept current.

Everyone was a new member at one time and had the same or similar questions. Those with experience flying, repairing, modifying these machines are such valuable assets and probably had help from others when they first started flying. I have no doubt that I'll be back asking some of the same questions that have been asked & answered 100 times once my hubby's Phantom arrives and he (we) try to get it in the air. :oops:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj