Saint Martin/Sint Maarten Drone Laws

Reaction score
First time poster and new drone owner. Love the site so far.

I have been searching the web and this site and haven't had much luck. Headed on our honeymoon in early May to Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. Anyone have any insight to any laws or rules regarding drones? Obviously not at the airport but do they have a rules or regs on the rest of the island?

Thanks!

Andrew

On the Netherland side of the Island I found this law "Individuals may fly with some drones, as they adhere to the rules. The drone example must always be visible to the pilot. And within the urban area can not be flown."

For the French side it seems to be a lot more restrictive. Found this - "Outdoor use of flying machines, even small and uninhabited, is considered an aviation activity and therefore falls under the regulations applicable to civil aviation. Two texts 17/12/2015 define security regulations for the use of unmanned civil aircraft:"

Source - http://uavcoach.com

First time poster and new drone owner. Love the site so far.

I have been searching the web and this site and haven't had much luck. Headed on our honeymoon in early May to Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. Anyone have any insight to any laws or rules regarding drones? Obviously not at the airport but do they have a rules or regs on the rest of the island?

Thanks!

Andrew
How did you make out I will going there this week

How did you make out I will going there this week

Flew it everywhere on the island, both sides. Never had a problem and had a lot of people come and ask to see it. Also ran into 2 other phantom pilots on the island flying. You are going to get some great shots! Have fun.

Flew it everywhere on the island, both sides. Never had a problem and had a lot of people come and ask to see it. Also ran into 2 other phantom pilots on the island flying. You are going to get some great shots! Have fun.

Hey man. I'm new to flying and having some problems with my Phantom 2. I'm currently on a boat in Fort Louis. Ant chance you could give me a hand? Whatsapp me if you're available +27718190503

How did you make out? we are planning a trip and considering bringing the Mavic.

It was almost year ago now but...

"Flew it everywhere on the island, both sides. Never had a problem and had a lot of people come and ask to see it. Also ran into 2 other phantom pilots on the island flying. You are going to get some great shots! Have fun."

That was my experience. No issues at all, the island is amazing. Enjoy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl