Saftey Notice

Reaction score
Went to fly this afternoon. Got ready to fly and had a safety notice come up. I am attaching a picture of it. It give the notice for a prison that has been closed at least 7 years if not longer. Don't think this notice should still be on there. Anyway to contact DJI and let them know. I live in Pineville Louisiana. The prison was named J levy Dabadie Correctional Center. I was flying at a AMA field right across the road from the prison. There is a also a National Guard Base right beside the prison with a helipad. It made no notice of it. Any suggestions.

Attachments

• 20190125_155350.jpg
    20190125_155350.jpg
    892.2 KB · Views: 243
I had a similar issue with a no fly zone involving a forest fire. Once the fire was out, the no fly zone stayed. At the time, there was a DJI rep on the rcgroups website that I dealt with and he resolved the problem. My suggestion would be to send them an email and also contact the FAA.
The FAA may need to provide you with a notification that states it has been closed that you could forward to DJI. You’re probably in for a real choir.

So that's the route to take. I may go talk to the guy at the municipal airport about it. They actually give the part 107 test here so he should know a little about the drone world. If he has lived around here very long he might know the correctional center is no longer there. Maybe he can help me out. Hope so. Like you said I may be in for a ride. Thanks

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
There is a guy that is on the mavic 2 thread that I think could pass on to the right people at DJI your issue. I believe his user name is mad something. I’ll get you a link and you could send him a pm.

So that's the route to take. I may go talk to the guy at the municipal airport about it.
Highly doubtful .......Recent updates from DJI prove to be way off base. This is not unusual....Think about it.....In the respect of the manufacturer and the data that is available to them.....

So you don't think there is a way to get it removed. Looks like you would be able to help them up date their information.

Highly doubtful .......Recent updates from DJI prove to be way off base. This is not unusual....Think about it.....In the respect of the manufacturer and the data that is available to them.....
The DJI rep that I worked with had my issue resolved in just a few days. All he needed was the lat/long info.

So do you get online with one of the DJI support people and give them the information. I have the name, when it closed and the coordinates. I would sure like to get it removed. I plan on flying there a good bit.

Hi, I have a cousin he is here in USA, waiting for his green card, because the Government shutdown he still not have his papers, and he love fly a drone, he have a P3P but he need to know if he register his drone he can be in troubles with authorities?
Thank you

Got in touch with dji and talked to them about it. The tech I talked to sent me to another website to send a email explaining the situation. I did get a email from dji saying they were looking at it. Wonder how long it will take?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20