Safe way to unlock FCC mode and set 27db for p3 s and p3 4k. Mac & Pc no soft needed.

Useful?

• Total voters
Reaction score
HI guys.

Problem: i want to extend range on my phantom 3 standart / 4k. My Drone locked in CE mode and won't fly more then 500m.

Solution: both Drone and RC use linux so we can force it to switch whatever we want. FCC mode extend transmitter power, 27db mod boosting video link channel.

How it works: unlocking telnet on RC and Drone. Making cron task setting FCC mode & 27db on RC and after sending telnet command to do the same on Drone. (it easy to make cron last on drone too, but I think this way it's safer for drone to initiate home return if it will be out of range and remote controller can't reach it with telnet command)

How to do that: we need to modify 3 files.

Remote control.
Connect to drone wifi. Use ftp to get inside. ip: 192.168.1.1 , user: root , password: Big~9China

Create file (or copy one from archive you download from here) "root" (name without brackets) in /etc/crontabs . Put this into the root file

* * * * * { sleep 1;echo "if [ `/usr/sbin/iw reg get | sed -n 1p | cut -c9-10`!=US ]; then /usr/sbin/iw reg set US && iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700; fi" ;sleep 1;} | telnet 192.168.1.2 && if [ `/usr/sbin/iw reg get | sed -n 1p | cut -c9-10`!=US ]; then /usr/sbin/iw reg set US && iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700; fi

Save it and check that file permissions set to 775

Edit file (or replace from archive you get from here) djiled.sh in /sbin/ so it looks like that

#!/bin/sh

telnetd -l /bin/ash &

mkdir -p /var/spool/cron
ln -s /var/spool/cron/crontabs /etc/crontabs
/usr/sbin/crond

while [ 1 ]
do
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-gpio/leds/tp-link:green:system/brightness
sleep 1
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-gpio/leds/tp-link:green:system/brightness
sleep 1
done

Remote Control - done

Drone.
Use ftp to get inside drone. ip: 192.168.1.2 , user: root , password: Big~9China

Edit file (or replace from archive you get from here) djiled.sh in /sbin/ so it looks like that

#!/bin/sh

telnetd -l /bin/ash &

while [ 1 ]
do
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-gpio/leds/tp-link:green:system/brightness
sleep 1
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-gpio/leds/tp-link:green:system/brightness
sleep 1
done

Drone - done

Restart your RC and Drone and you good to fly.

Bonus. Now you can use telnet to connect you your RC and Drone.

All credits goes to this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oivrxYNVM-E

Attachments

• FCC+27db for p3s and p34k.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 385
Reactions: Mark The Droner
I have mac and it's not working. Also here I know exactly what I'm doing with drone.

I have a question for you.
When I connect to 192.168.1.1 I'm locked into a /tmp folder - so I can't get into, or even see, /etc/crontabs
How come?

If you are connected by ftp you should be able to change directory to the /
What ftp client are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Your thread header is a bit misleading, "no soft needed" think you mean software. But anyway, then you go on and explain how we need to modify 3 files. And that's not software??

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4