Safe to fly? Cracks on TOP shell

Reaction score
Hey all, so I have the dreaded stress cracks on my P3P with the old original case. I have had it for two years so that's not bad all things considered. [emoji6]The cracks are minimal and I have reinforcements on the mounts.

Question, I have a crack on the TOP part of the shell, and I think I got it while hiking with it and it got jostled a bit. I can't see how this provides and strength/support during flight, but wanted to ask the pros.

I know the safe option is to replace the shell, already done it once for a P2V+ and have full intentions to with the P3. But i'm on vaca for a few more days and curious your opinion about it before I get to repairing it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

e820a1a827148109447b0a5e320d47f2.jpg

Josh

Got some duct tape to wrap around it? That should hold it as long as there aren't cracks around the bottom of the motor.

I had similar cracks on mine as well on both the rear motors. So before I replace the shell, I used Epoxy and used 2 zip ties to make sure it would not crack right off. It held for about 30 more flights then other cracks started to form. That's when I said it's time to replace the shell. So the glue and zip ties will hold it until you replace the shell.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4