Safe to finally update?

Reaction score
I am running very old firmware (1.19 I think), still running IOS 8, and I am using DJI Pilot (the old app). Been burnt from updates before so wanted to hold off.

Is it finally safe to everything new? IOS 9.0.2, DJI Go 2.3.0 and Firmware 1.4.0010.

Yes. The current firmware is stable.

Yes go for it, mine was on 1.1.9 and I did it about two weeks ago to 1.4, every thing works fantastic.

I am in the same position. My P3 flies like a dream. I would love to do the update but am scared it will mess things up. I had sort of convinced myself - then I read about a few people getting critical battery problems at 53% etc - I know it is a tiny minority and they arent sure if that is really the cause but it made me wonder sigh!

Same here. I was on 1.1.9 and an ancient version of the Pilot app. I upgraded just about a month ago and it's been good. I think I am seeing reduced range on very long flights but then I tried a different antenna booster and am back to 5 bars at 20,000' so that is ok.

The new features like POI are great. Another side benefit of upgrading is that you can use the latest Litchi app to fly and it has a real implementation of waypoints including the ability to program missions in advance.

All in all I'm happy I upgraded but glad that I skipped the intermediate releases.

Forget the gimbal.
It's delicate and finely balanced (and expensive). Definitely not up to carrying cargo.
image.jpeg

Good to hear the updates are stable! I've always hung on to what works doesn't need fixed.
Meta probably answered another post.;)

I wouldn't update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 9 if you don't have to. Still lots of video transmission problems. My friend did iOS 9 and his
Video keeps cutting out constantly even when close by.
Plug his RC into my iPad with iOS 8 and no problems at all.
The 1.4 firmware is fine. Great features. But it does not like iOS 9

Reactions: dysan911
Thanks. I have a back up android tab so hopefully will be safe between the two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20