Safe to buy P3P from Amazon?

Reaction score
Amazon.co.uk have a P3P at £1015.38 today sold by Amazon with prime, that's £144 under list price - the price of a battery...

Considering all the new vs old motor and shell cracking issues is it safe to buy from anyone except DJI direct?

Thanks for any help and answers ;)

If you want new she'll and motors stick to DJI but if you want a bargain go with Amazon. Just check reputation of seller!!

Reactions: cocoamedia
I got my p3a from amazon shortly after release, and I didn't encounter any issues, that said I have not had any problems with my bird so my input is probably not the most helpful

Amazon has the best return policy My new DJI Phantom 3 Advanced last week had a stress crack they replaced it next day.

The price just dropped again! £1000.27 sold and shipped by Amazon..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 28 Oct 2015  13.53.10.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 28 Oct 2015 13.53.10.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 347
I have pretty much the same question. I have a new-in-box P3P from B&H that has the old shell. I'm guessing that with the old shell cracks are virtually guaranteed.

Do I spend $60 on shipping it back to B&H in order to buy a new one from Amazon today? I could do so and then again get an old one.

You'll lose the warranty unless you buy from an authorized vendor on Amazon marketplace. Direct from Amazon has no warranty from DJI.

Well it was sold and fulfilled by Amazon Europe, I'm in the UK, I got it for £160 less than DJI have it for on their site so I figure it's worth the gamble. UK law says it has to be fit for purpose so in theory I'm covered for defects. Gulp!

My pro just arrived direct from Amazon paid £1015. Has new shell with x bracing but needed firmware updating. Panasonic sd card for what it's worth . The motors are the ones with notches in . Just returned a new advanced to Amazon this week because of the poor preview on fpv and bought the pro. The advanced one 2 weeks old had the newer motors but came with EU plug for charger. The pro that arrived today has UK charger. Seems like a lucky dip [emoji1]

Not sure about that particular seller, but I have gotten 2 P3P's from Amazon (US). One had the new shell with old motors and the second one had new shell and new motors.

The first one was returned as it had a gimbal issue, but the second one has been very solid.

As for the warranty, I am not so sure about the warranty being void if you buy from Amazon. The first one I bought, I originally started with DJI and they never said anything about it not being covered. They even started an RMA process before I decided to just swap it with Amazon since the service is much better.

But again, that's US Amazon. Not sure if there is a big difference.

Amazon - yes.

Random 3rd party seller on Amazon? Well... it's the same as buying on Ebay and using Paypal. Don't expect any dealer support or help and you might be getting "slightly used" product without knowing it. Who knows. Ebay and Paypal - or Amazon - are not a substitute for buying from a legitimate seller.

Amazon - yes.

Random 3rd party seller on Amazon? Well... it's the same as buying on Ebay and using Paypal. Don't expect any dealer support or help and you might be getting "slightly used" product without knowing it. Who knows. Ebay and Paypal - or Amazon - are not a substitute for buying from a legitimate seller.

Thanks witold - it's sold and fulfilled by Amazon ;)

Thanks witold - it's sold and fulfilled by Amazon ;)

In that case, you're perfectly fine. Amazon is one of the best places to buy from.

Get it flying as soon as you can so that if there are any issues, you spot things early and resolve with Amazon instead of dealing with DJI.

My pro just arrived direct from Amazon paid £1015. Has new shell with x bracing but needed firmware updating. Panasonic sd card for what it's worth . The motors are the ones with notches in . Just returned a new advanced to Amazon this week because of the poor preview on fpv and bought the pro. The advanced one 2 weeks old had the newer motors but came with EU plug for charger. The pro that arrived today has UK charger. Seems like a lucky dip [emoji1]
Can you take a pic of the model numbers on the box? W323... and p3p...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1