Safe flight?

Reaction score
So this is the last official full day of summer in Canada and we have snow. Overcast and cold at plus 1c or 33f with fairly light wind. I want to fly. Take some footage of the snow. Should be safe I'd think. Opinions?
20180921_173610.jpg

Charging AC battery now lol

You will presumably be taking the AC and battery from a nice warm house to fly so all should be good...

The operating temp range is 0degC on the lower end, you would want some heat in the battery before flying at that temp though. LiION has greatly reduced current delivery capability at lower temps. They do keep themselves warm once your flying however..

They do keep themselves warm once your flying however..
Unlike the pilot at times....fortunately I live in the south US. It is still 90 degrees F. For now anyway.....but it will get cold at some point.

You will presumably be taking the AC and battery from a nice warm house to fly so all should be good...

The operating temp range is 0degC on the lower end, you would want some heat in the battery before flying at that temp though. LiION has greatly reduced current delivery capability at lower temps. They do keep themselves warm once your flying however..
Yes the AC and battery were at 20c at takeoff altho i had issues.

At one point in the flight (about 1 minute in) i lost video feed (no black screen but it just froze) and i got the rc signal failure and it asked to RTH or cancel.

So i accepted RTH but canceled when it was over the home point as there were trees in the way. I landed manually safely but it was strictly vlos as the video was frozen

Reboot after reboot failed to bring back the video but my trick of entering flight data mode and rebooting brought the video back

The entire flight did record successfully to the sd card up to and including the landing. Maybe the cold humid weather caused the glitch?

Im recharging again and will try another flight now that all is working normally. This is a refurbished unit so maybe it has still undiagnosed issues that can still be fixed under warranty.

Ok so now ive lost all fpv video feed. Geez i knew the davinci module on the gimbal board was heat sensitive but cool weather would have never made me consider it a problem but

Flying in cold.conditions has now totally killed my live video feed and i have not been able to get it back under warm conditions and mulitple reboots. I can see why this was a refurbished unit and its goin back for warranty repairs.

Flying in cold conditions has not got a thing that would create you to loose the video feed...these guys here have flown in near zero degs weather and some in the hot hot dry desert 110 deg F.....Hot and Cold weather is not the blame for your issues...it had a problem... and finally showed its Ugly face.....Id send it back too.

I my self have flown in 20 degs F with very slight snow flurrys and my drone flew great....however
i was C O L D but i had a blast !

Flying in cold conditions has not got a thing that would create you to loose the video feed...these guys here have flown in near zero degs weather and some in the hot hot dry desert 110 deg F.....Hot and Cold weather is not the blame for your issues...it had a problem... and finally showed its Ugly face.....Id send it back too.

I my self have flown in 20 degs F with very slight snow flurrys and my drone flew great....however
i was C O L D but i had a blast !
Well after a couple days of email tag with dji trying their suggestions (all of them failed) i now have rma file open and am awaiting their shipping label to return the AC and RC to them for warranty repair. No flying for me for awhile:(

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31