Safe battery voltage

Reaction score
Happy new year pilots. I went up for a bit to see if I could find fireworks. I topped off my battery as usual first, however it was running 3.9 at takeoff. Each cell seemed lower than my other battery's fresh start levels with the two outside cells being around .1 lower than the inside ones. I didn't put it through much stress, kept it low and hovered around till I reached 50%.
The voltage started at 3.9 to maybe 4 just after warmup and finished around 3.7 to 3.9 at 50% flight time left. About 50 degrees outside and running all 1.6.
Any worry here or am I just being a batt wimp? Thanks!

I always upload my data to healthy drones.com, the batt status analyzer is amazing

You should start preparing to land at 3.7 cell voltage. That's when 30% juice is left.

I'm not a expert.
I would trust this info on the healtydrones website.

Major Deviations ™
Major deviation is when a cell differs more than 0.07v from the other cells.
Please note that normal batteries can have a few of these.
An abnormal battery will:
A) Have most of the major deviations in one cell
B) There will be multiple major deviations per minute, and more than 10 total
C) The deviations continue longer than 1 minute
If your battery shows all symptoms (example, another) then this is considered a more severe case of an inefficient battery and may impact the battery life.
If your battery has only 1-4 instances on the same cell, don't worry too much about it. If it has 5-10 instances - then continue to track and make sure it does not degrade:

If i follow these guidelines both links are fine.
Just monitor every flight, you never know, healtydrones is a fine tool everyone should monitor after every flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj