Sadly my P3S may be a brick

Reaction score
So I have been so busy that my P3S has taken a back seat. 3months ago the WiFi signal and videonstarted acting up and no notification of update needed. The other week I went tonfly at my house and it said it needed an update. Well this morning i downloaded and attenpted. First attempt after the download I'm assuming failed. I hit the start upgrade button and the app instantly said "you have the latest firmware" yet the app would bounce between the ps and inspire on the home page.
I restarted everything and tried again. "Network error" eventually I got in but now it tells me weak controller signal and it's side by side. :-( all my settings are defunct. Rth=0 max alt=0 and I cannot change them because of the controller signal.

I have no repair package anymore on the p3... what options do i have to fix this?

I feel I'm about to be the owner of a $400 brick. (It must be jealous of my mavic lol)

Try uninstalling the go app and reinstall back. This may fix the issues.

Ok so I've uninstalled, reinstalled. No change.
I tried linking the rc. No change.
No matter what I get transmission signal weak warnings. Or remote controller signal weak the controller and craft are next to eachbother, in my house or outside and awaybfrom interference. If it does load up the app gets the image, then it fades b&w comes up for a second then drops again. Or I get firmware needed message, back out to the home, no message, reenter the craft, firmware uptodate...sometimes if not every time. The main screen toggles between the inspire and p3s...seriously annoyed and I know it's gonna cost me to fix. Was really hoping for something dumb lol

Are you will be able to exchange the aircraft where you purchased? I remember having some issues with another P3S and because I bought it in Amazon, was able to get an exchange and now the one I have since January has been outstanding, no issues so far.

Are you will be able to exchange the aircraft where you purchased? I remember having some issues with another P3S and because I bought it in Amazon, was able to get an exchange and now the one I have since January has been outstanding, no issues so far.
I would have to ask, but I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart has a 3 day return policy lol it's been almost 9months tho. :-(

OK so after you uninstalled the app did you also uninstall the files too? They will still be left on your phone even when the app is gone. And these files will also have all the settings saved so when you install the app the old files will continue as normal.

Delete the app one more time, then go into files and delete all the DJI files.

Delete the SD card in the drone and reflash the SD card with the BIN apk firmware

Start it all up and let us know how you got on

1504189886995.png

Make sure the files are deleted [emoji4]

OK so after you uninstalled the app did you also uninstall the files too? They will still be left on your phone even when the app is gone. And these files will also have all the settings saved so when you install the app the old files will continue as normal.

Delete the app one more time, then go into files and delete all the DJI files.

Delete the SD card in the drone and reflash the SD card with the BIN apk firmware

Start it all up and let us know how you got on
That's my next step. I found a forced update video haha. I'm gonna do that tonight after work.

According to my internal folder that ibsee on my phone the only dji stuff here is from the dji go 4. The app for the mavic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170831-194758.png
    Screenshot_20170831-194758.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Screenshot_20170831-194832.png
    Screenshot_20170831-194832.png
    763.4 KB · Views: 334
Yay! The sd card update method worked! No glitch video. Hopefully it doesn't rain later son I can do a flight test

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1