Sad. Motor trouble again.

Reaction score
Started with a motor sounding funny after 2 flights , and a second motor sounding even worse after 20 or so flights.

Bearrings. Ok. Ordered bearrings. Can't get the fricking bearrings out. No way.

Ordered T motors.

Installed T motors, after second flight one of the esc's did funny.

Ordered 4 escs.

Escs arrived today, hurray. Installed new esc, started Phantom, no more esc problem.

But now one of the T motors has a sort of tick in it. Huh?

Maybe something in it? Vacuumed it, no help, ok, have to open motor. Clip removal, OMG. Well, let's remove it. Open motor, nothing strange to see. (hmm, they balance those motors with blue stuff)

Let changes bearrings anyway, got 16 for the Phantom motors anyway. Not compatible.

Ok, let's close up the t motor. No way. Clip broken. Try phantom motor clip. Not compatible.

So here I sit again, grounded, with 3,5 phantom motors, 3,5 t motors, 16 bearrings (8 of them boca) 7,5 escs, no chance to flyaway and wondering what skills and tools are needed to do all this motor stuff.

Edit: Ah, found a nice store in Jakarta, with 2700mah batteries and t motors.

) :

Re: Sad. Motor trouble again.

Sorry to hear that but it'd be good if you can share what you've done with photos. How did you get the bearings out for example?

They came out, but a neighbor with a small toy / rc shop downtown did it for me while I went shopping.

Looking at the bearings that have come out, it has been a violent operation. The original dji motors now have boca bearings, but one of them still is rotating a bit "different" as the others.

Not going to try them out.

I just let here resting in the office with her top removed, ready for another round with the hot rod.

Then, I'll close her up, hoping never to see her insides again.

The next few months will only be about charging batteries and movie editing.

I hope.

Re: Sad. Motor trouble again.

Using freeze spray on the bearings helps make it easier to remove with a nice sharp tap, while being careful not to impact the windings of course.

Small miniature screwdriver is good for removing clips (on the original motors). Insert into space between clip and motor shaft and twist screwdriver tip while keeping the clip from flying off with the fingers of your other hand.

To re-install you can get a tool on amazon. Think it's called an e-clip puller. The one I got is not exact size but makes it easier to install, doesn't fit right for removal though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers