Sad day

Reaction score
Hello, my Pilots!

Yesterday I had terrifiing experience with my Phantom2 Vision+V3. I was flying along a river on some 10m of altitude when I, all of the sudden got a message˝NO FLIGHT ZONE˝, LANDING! Because of low altitude there wasn't much to do. There is an airport few kms away so I think it was my bad luck and phantom landed in the river.
I was able to salvage my unfortunate Phantom from the river. I disassemble Phantom and clean everything with isopropanol. When I dry it and assemble again I try to fire it up. There is some strange cyclic noice from gimbal. OK. I diconnected gimbal- I will deal with this later...(but if you have any idea...much appreciated)
When I power up phantom I got orange lights flashing quick. If I turn on the transmitter, red light on the motherboard go off, but flashing stays the same.
Over USB I can retrieve all information(battery, motherboard, control modul.....) so my poor bird is still breathing.

I would kindly ask for your help.
I am so sad.....

You might get a more accurate response if you post videos of the things you're describing.

Could be to gps signal
After taking a splash I would want to open her up to check inside

Btw I seen where someone else had issues with the gimbal if it got wet or had moisture on it(really freaks it out)

I would check the receiver connections as it's possible it's loose

Sucks that it took a splash but I recommend having atti mode handy for next time you fly

electron0101 said:
Hello, my Pilots!

Yesterday I had terrifiing experience with my Phantom2 Vision+V3. I was flying along a river on some 10m of altitude when I, all of the sudden got a message˝NO FLIGHT ZONE˝, LANDING! Because of low altitude there wasn't much to do. There is an airport few kms away so I think it was my bad luck and phantom landed in the river.
I was able to salvage my unfortunate Phantom from the river. I disassemble Phantom and clean everything with isopropanol. When I dry it and assemble again I try to fire it up. There is some strange cyclic noice from gimbal. OK. I diconnected gimbal- I will deal with this later...(but if you have any idea...much appreciated)
When I power up phantom I got orange lights flashing quick. If I turn on the transmitter, red light on the motherboard go off, but flashing stays the same.
Over USB I can retrieve all information(battery, motherboard, control modul.....) so my poor bird is still breathing.

I would kindly ask for your help.
I am so sad.....
:D
First of all, welcome to the forum!
Sorry to hear your bird went for a swim. Many freshwater recoveries have been attempted. Some have been successful, so don't lose hope. Here's one viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33863

As far as your choice of flying sites see here, http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc
Not that it will help you at this point, but you could have switched to ATTI (if you are in NAZA Mode) to fly back.

MHL

There is a red led on motherboard flashing red and it turns off as you turn on transmitter. And..I can retrieve all the info from Phantom thru USB in assistant. Still working on video(mov is not allowed format?)

Hello, ALL!

My bird is back in the sky. Battery was distroyed during my diving experience and I still have no telemetry and picture, but...phantom works!

electron0101 said:
I have telemetry and camera, only gimbal is not working. Shakes violently after turning phantom on.
I put my gimbel lock on it, it buzzed at me every couple seconds but worked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik