S2 swich bad could be the cause of my problems

Reaction score
I found I had a problem with my S2 switch when noticing some times in the nazam software that on the IOC control page I noticed my when flipping the switch That the blue high light would not stay in off if I took my finger off the switch on the transmitter and when it would stay on the off position just moving the transmitter would make it jump back to course. I also when playing with the switch to see what was the problem I noticed it some times was also not going in to home lock either. pulled the switch and checked it with my multi meter for continuity to make sure it was the switch and not just a lose wire some were. And it was the switch So I now think that could of been why a few times when flying all the sudden it would switch modes on me and cause erratic flying. Also notice I can make it accidentally re record my home point to. Do to it making the transmitter think the switch is being toggled quickly. and after seeing how common it seems to be that others also have had faulty s1 or s2 switches with out much use at all I can see how many could be ending up having flyway's. and if so that sure as heck cant be chalked off to user error. If DJI is just using POS switches. I build some electrical devises and have used lots of different switches and can say that that must be a real low quality switch to see so many people get stuck with a faulty switch on the DJI transmitters. Luckily I found out about my switch not working when I did BEFORE I lost my phantom. Tho as luck would have it it also was RIGHT as the hardware store closed. so I have to wait till tomorrow to get a real double throw switch to replace it with I think when I'm at it Ill replace my S1 switch before it to craps out on me at the worst possible time.

GOT a new switch in place tho the switch I got was physicality bigger then then old on so I had to put it in side ways. But just took her out for a flight and no more erratic control Now she flew exactly how I wanted her to in any control mode. Waiting for the battery to charge and going out again in a bit.

I had a bad switch too. Mine was S1 and when I would switch from ATTI to GPS it would often stay in ATTI. I'm not skilled at fixing these things so I sent it to DJI for repair. They fixed it for free, but I was without my transmitter for 4 weeks (for what I'm guessing is a 5 minute fix). I can't believe that the method used to initiate a compass calibration involves flipping the S1 back-and-forth so many times. It seems like if the switch was cheap in the first place that this would be a great way to wear it out.

I'd imagine they could ware out quick esp on the S1 being lots of people seem to do a lot of compass calibrations.

The new one I replaced the S2 with should last awhile. and Is very heavy duty. But it was a chore getting it to fit. and its a lil bit weird having to flip the switch side ways instead of up and down. But its so tight on all the clicks to each position Its almost to stiff tho its hard to even accidentally bump it in to any mode. But most of the posts I see of any ones switchs going bad on them seem to mostly be real soon after getting there phantoms. So I'm thinking they might just be a hit and miss part that either fails right away if its going to fail or if they don't they stay good for awhile.

This has answered a problem that I have noticed with my phantom, I use homelock quite a bit and have noticed that sometimes when I pull back it seems its not coming towards me but if I switch to courselock then back to homelock again it does as it should and heads for me. A dicky switch is the perfect explanation for my problem, guess the **** switches are cheap Chinese knockoffs :lol:

one good way I found to check if the switch is working or not is to go in the nazam software with the phantom hooked up to the usb and the TX turned on. To check the S2 switch got the IOC section and flip switch to all its positions and make sure you see the blue blox light up for each of the 3 settings HC CL and off and also try to wiggle the switch a bit to make sure it don't cut out on you and stays were its set. and to check the S1 do the same in the RC section and make sure it shows were you have it and don't change when you wiggle it any. IF it does you have a bad switch.

wow them switchs must be the most janky POS ever. noticed my S1 is now already acting up to and about to fail and would not let me switch out of fail safe and back in to GPS Mode tonight. and had to fiddle with it. Hooked up to the the nazam assistant I can see it don't always go in to GPS every time. So now I got to replace that one to before it causes a problem at a bad time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4