S1 switch

Reaction score
I'm not completely clear on the purpose of the S1 switch. This is my understanding: Fly in GPS mode when having the full assistance of satellite positioning, use Attitude for more advanced flying where there is no GPS control and Fail safe is used to regain control after entering fail safe mode-flipping down to the bottom and back to the top once.

Is this correct or could someone clear this up for me please.

S1 does none of the above, unless you first dig into the Phantom Assistant software - and change your aircraft's operating mode from the default "Phantom 2 Vision mode" to "NazaM mode". Think of this as "advanced mode", which gives you additional ways to fly your aircraft.

jimre said:
S1 does none of the above, unless you first dig into the Phantom Assistant software - and change your aircraft's operating mode from the default "Phantom 2 Vision mode" to "NazaM mode". Think of this as "advanced mode", which gives you additional ways to fly your aircraft.

None of the above? I'm pretty sure the top position is GPS.

Pull_Up said:
So is the middle position and the bottom position in standard Vision mode. It only comes out of GPS mode if it can't see enough satellites - irrespective of the switch position, it's not selectable manually out of the box.

Ok, started reading this thread with minimal interest but your response caught me by surprise... I too thought that out of the box S1 up was GPS mode, followed by ATTI and then RTH. I could swear I saw a Colin video where he demo's the difference between GPS where the unit quickly fires to return to its GPS position v. ATTI allowing the unit to drift continuing in the direction it was last moving. Anyone recall the same?

Slinger, do you still have those vids... I may come looking. That and back to re-reading the handbook again.

Waterborne said:
Pull_Up said:
So is the middle position and the bottom position in standard Vision mode. It only comes out of GPS mode if it can't see enough satellites - irrespective of the switch position, it's not selectable manually out of the box.

Ok, started reading this thread with minimal interest but your response caught me by surprise... I too thought that out of the box S1 up was GPS mode, followed by ATTI and then RTH. I could swear I saw a Colin video where he demo's the difference between GPS where the unit quickly fires to return to its GPS position v. ATTI allowing the unit to drift continuing in the direction it was last moving. Anyone recall the same?

Slinger, do you still have those vids... I may come looking. That and back to re-reading the handbook again.
That Colin vid was made with a Phantom 1. P2V is nothing but GPS mode out of the box. Unless of course it loses GPS lock then it reverts to ATTI automatically. You need to go into the Assistant and switch your aircraft to "NazaM" mode if you want S1 and S2 to actually do anything useful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31