S1 switch broken off

Reaction score
I dropped my transmitter last night and the S1 switch (right) broke off.
I'm a newbie, and still a little vague on the complete function of switches.
If my P2 is still flashing green and flying normally, I'm okay for the time being, right?

Thx

that would be your GPS/ATTI switch....

This means you can no longer switch between them which for some people is no big deal. BUT....the larger problem is that you can not calibrate your compass anymore because that switch is what triggers your compass calibration. I would say you need to pick one up. You may be able to (with a little soldering) pick up a micro 3 position switch and put that in its place if the original is not available.

I can't find original switch online, sounds like a common part though. There is a used transmitter on ebay for $25... Always something with these little things.. Thanks!

markusa59mn said:
I dropped my transmitter last night and the S1 switch (right) broke off.
I'm a newbie, and still a little vague on the complete function of switches.
If my P2 is still flashing green and flying normally, I'm okay for the time being, right?

Thx

If you haven't already, invest in a hook lanyard for the TX. That was one of the first things I got post-purchase.

I also broke mine. I bought a replacement Toggle SPDT On-Off-On at www.rpalactronics.com for about $2. Most electronic stores will have this. The replacement is a little shorter but more robust. Note the color and position of the wires.

The Taranis replacement switches should fit nicely
Short version:
52182.jpg

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...hort_Flat_Toggle_for_Taranis_Transmitter.html

Long version:
52181.jpg

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...ong_Round_Toggle_for_Taranis_Transmitter.html

I realize they are on backorder at the moment, so more for future reference.

Did the same thing, but with switch 2. Found a perfect replacement at Jameco.com in stock.
Part no. 317308. Make sure switch is labeled on-off-on

You can replace it with any 3 position single pole double threw (spdt) on/off/on switch that you can get that will physically fit in side the tx.

just be sure to get the wires all on the right spots again. take a picture first. or even take a sharpie and write the colors down next the the spot were the switch goes like b for black r for red o for orange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers