S1 & S2 Switches

Reaction score
Hi guys

I know this is going to be a dumb question but I am a newbie so please bear with me!

What are the S1 & S2 switches for please guys?

Thanks for your help
Adam :D

Attachments

• tx.jpg
    tx.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 18,734
AdamBlackpool said:
What are the S1 & S2 switches for please guys?

Adam :D

It depends if you are talking about the original Phantom or the Phantom Vision.
The switch information shown in the schematic above is for the original Phantom, and the left switch is used for Intelligent Orientation Control (HomeLock and CourseLock). The right switch is used to change flight modes.

For the Phantom Vision these features are not yet implemented, but hopefully will be soon.

For the vision, as so someone else stated, the diagram doesn't yet apply. The left switch seems to do nothing at the moment, but the right switch, or s1 is pretty important for now. With both switches up, per the instructions, while you are flying, if you have to turn off the controller to enter fail safe/ return home mode, the right switch will allow you to take back control once you've turned the controller back on, and the p2v is back with in range, or away from the reason it lost the signal to begin with. Flip it down, then back up. This saved my rear the other night, and I'm super relieved I read about it somewhere enough times, that I was able to use it intinctually though I was in a slight panic at the time.

This minor, but could have been bad episode, definitely burned the importance of a good clear take off zone each and every time we fly, so the path home is un-obstructed if it's in rth mode.

Safe flying all,

Rich

Hi guys

Thanks a million, I have been trying to understand the switchers from the instructions (Its a Phantom Vision)

I did have to use the right hand switch today when it went too far and out of range. When using the RTH feature I successfully managed to regain control

It seemed to be taking forever to lower itself using the RTH and I had a panic until I regained controlled thinking the battery may run out or something!

Thanks again guys

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4