S1 and S2

MVD

Reaction score
Anyone have a link on what they are for and how to use them. The manual says much of nothing. Also, in the Phantom software, what does IOC off mean and how would you turn it on?

The manual is pretty straightforward. Here are the relevant sections.
i-k4bSKfq-L.jpg

i-fVMzh3S-L.jpg

i-gxSzXhw-L.jpg

All other functions including IOC are inoperative in the default Phantom mode.
To get to them you have to enable NAZA mode.

I read somewhere that you can override the RTH mode by flicking S1 into position 2 (center). True? The reason I ask is because you have no way of knowing if the GPS has actually found the correct spot of where you are. In other words, if it goes into RTH mode, it could take off to parts unknown. And that would be bad. :)

I read somewhere that you can override the RTH mode by flicking S1 into position 2 (center). True? The reason I ask is because you have no way of knowing if the GPS has actually found the correct spot of where you are. In other words, if it goes into RTH mode, it could take off to parts unknown. And that would be bad. :)

The lights will tell you when it has recorded the home point.

You can verify it by using home lock or activating RTH.

I read somewhere that you can override the RTH mode by flicking S1 into position 2 (center). True?
You can lead a horse to water .....
i-fVMzh3S-L.jpg

As for wanting to confirm home position is recorded - use S2 to reset home position when you have the Phantom hovering where you can see it. The fast green flashing will be clearly visible.

i-fVMzh3S-L.jpg

As for wanting to confirm home position is recorded - use S2 to reset home position when you have the Phantom hovering where you can see it. The fast green flashing will be clearly visible.

But you can't make them read it.

I appreciate the cracks gents, however, as I said, I have read all kinds of conflicting stories, ergo, speaking of horses, I went to it's mouth. :) So thanks. By the way, Meta4, you were correct. 4 of the wires on the camera module had cold solder joints as they literally just fell of as I opened it to look at the connections.

Marlin 009, your avatar shows the retractable landing gear. Worth the investment?

i-fVMzh3S-L.jpg

Correct, however, that still does not tell you if you are in the correct spot on the planet. All S2 does is confirm home where the Phantom thinks it is. You still have no way of knowing where that is. Ex. Ever fire up the GPS in your car and it thinks you are 20 miles away until well after you start moving and then it catches up to the correct location?

I appreciate the cracks gents, however, as I said, I have read all kinds of conflicting stories, ergo, speaking of horses, I went to it's mouth. :) So thanks. By the way, Meta4, you were correct. 4 of the wires on the camera module had cold solder joints as they literally just fell of as I opened it to look at the connections.

Marlin 009, your avatar shows the retractable landing gear. Worth the investment?

Mine aren't retractable, they do look the same though. I just needed some additional clearance and these do the trick.

http://www.amazon.com/Cheerwing®-Carbon-Landing-Phantom-Vision/dp/B00LSD14VW

OK ... I'll try again ... this time drink the water !!!

You won't get fast green flashing unless the Phantom has 6 or more satellites locked, good position and home point is recorded.

And if you want to check further .. look at your app.
Check the distance it shows your Phantom from your position.
If it says you are 100 miles away - you have a problem.
If it shows your Phantom is 5 metres away .. and it is - things should be OK.

The Phantom doesn't give you a dodgy 2D fix with 3 satellites.
It waits until it has 6 and a good fix before it does anything.

I'd advise reading the manual closely and not trying to out-think it.
Don't go off wondering about something you think you read "somewhere". Stick to the simple facts in the manual.
Get a handle on them and then start thinking further.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj