S.O.S. Lost Drone

Reaction score
Flying around a group of rocks near my house.
Third time around signal list on other side.
Question??? Aircraft at 400 feet. Return to home altitude was set at default 200 feet. Will aircraft fly straight home, crashing into cliff, or would aircraft reduce altitude to 200 feet, landing in trees before returning
1a5b00b3860a5160a3900598263a2faf.jpg
home? Or would it continue flying at 20 mph?
What is your experience with losing signal?
To get to the spot where I lost signal, I would have to climb the other side of the mountain. About 900 ft. What do you guys think.
Attached is the flight path.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Aircraft at 400 feet. Return to home altitude was set at default 200 feet. Will aircraft fly straight home, crashing into cliff, or would aircraft reduce altitude to 200 feet, landing in trees before returning
It would fly straight home since it was already above the set RTH altitude.

If you attach your TXT flight log, we can review it and hopefully help you track it down.

You can find instructions here. After you retrieve the TXT file, please attach it here.

[2016-09-26 10:15:30.593]upgrade state 1
[2016-09-26 10:15:30.618]upgrade state 1
[2016-09-26 10:15:47.948]upgrade state 1
[2016-09-26 10:15:47.948]upgrade state 1

Not sure what those numbers represent?
Please See www.healthydrones.com also, for instructions with LOG file evaluation.

RedHotPoker

From the description in the OP, the AC was 400 feet high and the rocks were 900 feet high. The AC lost connection behind the rocks. So the AC would fly straight into the rocks on the way home.

IMHO no need to see a TXT file on this one. I'm not a betting man but I would wager big money on the final outcome and why it happened.

It really depends on how high your Phantom was when it crashed. It could be sitting near the top of those rocks, hanging on the edge, or on the ground smashed to pieces.

that sucks man, sorry to hear. if you are at an height >RTH height, it will not lower height, it will maintain it. So it stayed at 400feet up, probably hit the top of one of those.

The map you shared, thats the last available location of the aircraft? if we draw a straight line ..

mBW5gmc.png

i think it went a few more seconds before it stopped and came back, like this:

pSU17qc.png

(you did have RTH set to come back, not hover or land?)

I had RTH set for lost signal. I was using the controls to gain altitude and come over the rocks, but at weak signal, the aircraft turned away from home and reduced altitude. A woman on that side of the mountain said she saw the drone on her side. If the return to home cleared the top, I would have heard it come back. I watched the area long enough to see it. Is there a chance it had another signal, causing it to continue on its flight pattern?
I am half way up the mountain with a 60 power spotting scope combing the ground now. I hiked a hundred yards from the cliff yesterday. Lots of loose rock up there. It was tough getting down.

Reactions: Digdat0
I had RTH set for lost signal.
A woman on that side of the mountain said she saw the drone on her side.
Is there a chance it had another signal, causing it to continue on its flight pattern?
I am half way up the mountain with a 60 power spotting scope combing the ground now. I hiked a hundred yards from the cliff yesterday. Lots of loose rock up there. It was tough getting down.

you are sure you had the RTH set to "return to home" and not "hover" or "land" ? If the lady saw it on her side, that assumes it was closer to the base on a hiking trail than further up, as in maybe it landed and didn't crash? in which case, maybe you had it set to land?

It would only continue its course if you were using a mission in Litchi .. if you were manually flying in DJI Go, it would go until signal lost, then RTH kicks in. RTH would stop the craft, turn it around and then go back to home point.

really hope ya find it man, be safe with the loose rock.

if ya take some good pics, i'll zoom in and see if i can see any white spots! looks like a mammoth area to search :/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj