S-Bus Receiver Help

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Phantom noob here. I have a Spektrum DX9 I'm trying to replace my stock tx with. I have both an OrangeRX R800x with S-bus and a Spektrum AR8000. I've gotten the R800X to bind and work correctly but I'm afraid to use it since I don't have the satellites for it yet. The AR8000 I've attempted to install using the Futaba SBE-1 for the S-Bus adapter but I can't get it to work correctly. I can get it to bind. On the P2 assistant monitor it shows the green dots on the AETR trims. But when I move the sticks the trims on the assistant don't move. X1, X1, and U don't move either. I've tried assigning to different channels but still not working. The SBE-1 led is a steady green so the connection is good. P2 assistant shows I'm in failsafe mode when I power on. How do I get out of this?

When you have the Phantom connected to the PC does the Assistant software show the green/blue dots in the bottom left? Before you pin the problem on the new Rx make sure the software is actually recognizing the Phantom properly. Have you connected it to the Assistant software before?

Yes, I've connected to the Assistant before. The blue and green dots are lit up when I turn on the Phantom. It also automatically puts me in failsafe mode. I try to calibrate but none of my stick movements register on the monitor.

Figured out my noobish mistake. As it turns out the AR8000 will not start up without the satellite. I kept this off for installation purposes. However, the AR8000 will still run if the satellite manages to detach mid-flight. Thanks for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20