RX-LCD5802 and TS352

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm Marcin and I'm new to the forums.

I just received my Phantom 2 today and I took it for a quick test ride. All seemed to work fine except I'm not sure if I have the LCD setup correctly with the TS352. When I turn the camera on the picture does not look to clear almost as if there were interference. When I took it outside I almost immediately lost the signal and event with low altitude the picture would completely disappear. Is that common or are my settings wrong for whatever reason?

Can any one assist please?

Thanks.
Regards,
Marcin

I think I switched the channel to 4 by following the chart in the back of the packaging but when I ran the "search" on the monitor it detected the feed on channel 8. In addition I did circle through the frequencies using search but it only detected that single feed on 8.

Is there a difference on what channels it's broadcasting on?

Thanks.

Cygan said:
I think I switched the channel to 4 by following the chart in the back of the packaging but when I ran the "search" on the monitor it detected the feed on channel 8. In addition I did circle through the frequencies using search but it only detected that single feed on 8.

Is there a difference on what channels it's broadcasting on?

Thanks.

Yes. Poweroutput is different.

I see. I did try to switch it to "1" and looks like that did not help. I also tried to move the antena around but that made it even worse so now it's sticking out the back.

One thing I notice is that when I was in channel 4 or now back to 1 the LCD monitor keeps the same channel/frequency (if that's event the right term) on. Will try to attach the picture as well.

Will take it out one more time today so will try to upload another picture of what it actually looks like. Bottom line is that I can barely see anything when I try to navigate the Phantom more than 30 ft in the air. I believe I've see folks using antenas that are attached to the LCD (I think) but I wouldn't like to go that route if I don't have to. How high can you go before you see any signal loss/degradation?

Thanks

Attachments

• lcd.JPG
    lcd.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 325
I have Boscam rx-lcd5802 and AVL-58.

I think I have an issue with mine because it won't switch between A&b antenna. I have a helical and Spironet antenna on A & B.

I switched them and got better results as they weren't automatically switching. I returned it for replacement and i'll post results once I do.

Looks like I maybe onto something. I tried to go through all the channels and sources and it looks like when I have it in the "Diversity" mode it picks up the signal from RF B (as I see the same bad feed after switching from Diversity to RF B manually). When I switch to RF A on the other hand the feed looks different/better. Unable to go out there now to verify but will check again before it gets dark.

Crossing fingers.

Try to manually select NTSC mode. It looks like one of the components is set for PAL mode ?

jumanoc said:
Try to manually select NTSC mode. It looks like one of the components is set for PAL mode ?

I checked but I don't see any options in the MENU to set it. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the input!

As suspected. After switching manually to RF A I had no major issues!

Thank you all for your help.

Keep pressing SOURCE. This will cycle through AV IN, Diversity, RF A and RF B. I left mine on RF A. Not sure how high I was as I don't have the display but tried to go pretty high and did not have a major problem. When I started to fly around it did show a little bit of degradation but nothing significant.

Hope this helps.

yeah. I'm going to mess around once I get my monitor back and see how i can get the best range. thanks!

No problem. Here is the frame grab from today.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 278
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 303

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members