Rust from rotor springs?

Reaction score
See the attached photos.

There is an orange residue that looks like rust in the rotor hub holes and possibly rust on the springs.

Anyone else seeing such?

Thanks.

IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG

Strange place for rust,umdid those centre springs come factory fited,
Not seen this spring before ,good idea but i be watching it dont crack or break those plastic clips that lock blade with undue pressure might cause prop to fly off :eek: is this replacing the spring clip idea

Attachments

• 14983379838931241296079.jpg
    14983379838931241296079.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 206
I have exactly the same thing, do you know what it is?
I think it just coating thats on spring slower coming off causing this residue .the spring spinning around on round shaft will do this,not expert on rust being a panelbeater but thats my 2 cents :)

Misery loves company.

Is there some chemical test to confirm iron that can be done easily?
Hi not sure about chemical test ,if spare spring the same avalible to you you could lightly sand or scuff with fine sandpaper,bit of water and let sit for day or so and see what colour wipes off it,,being a black spring its been hardend ,inside coil of spring probly bit lighter in colour than out side ,in you first pic you can already see coating colour change at top of spring where it goes down on prop...not being a wet rag i still want to try this method as my continued bending of spring clips says they need replaceing(like every 2nd flight),,

My springs are in good shape - nice strong return. About 100 flights on them.

It's just this orange residue that's driving me nuts.

My springs are in good shape - nice strong return. About 100 flights on them.

It's just this orange residue that's driving me nuts.
Yeh not the best colour on white i got time off today so i be in me spring collection ,is the white thing with 3 prongs on we spring sits the original or do i need some more looking at yours it has a resess in bott for spring to sit nice in

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20