Running IOS 8.41 and will not let me install DJI Pilot???

Reaction score
Today is my birthday and I just got an amazing gift , DJI Phantom 3 advanced. I was hoping to use my Iphone 5 when flying this drone but I keep getting an error when attempting to install the app saying the app is not compatible with my iphone. The ios is 8.41(12H321) . Anyone have any suggestions??

The iPhone 5 is not compatible. You need an Apple device with at least an A7 or A8 processor.

iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus

Today is my birthday and I just got an amazing gift , DJI Phantom 3 advanced. I was hoping to use my Iphone 5 when flying this drone but I keep getting an error when attempting to install the app saying the app is not compatible with my iphone. The ios is 8.41(12H321) . Anyone have any suggestions??
Welcome to the forum, Tony, and Happy Birthday!

The iPhone 5s does run the DJI Go app. I've found it's pretty hard to see all the features on such a small display though. If you're an Apple guy, the mini 2 or 3 will work, or get the Air 2. They should have wifi and cellular capability for GPS. Those on here with the Air 2 are very happy with their display.

Good luck with your new bird. Take some time to read the manual before you fly.

Reactions: III% Streve
Welcome to the forum, Tony, and Happy Birthday!

The iPhone 5s does run the DJI Go app. I've found it's pretty hard to see all the features on such a small display though. If you're an Apple guy, the mini 2 or 3 will work, or get the Air 2. They should have wifi and cellular capability for GPS. Those on here with the Air 2 are very happy with their display.

Good luck with your new bird. Take some time to read the manual before you fly.

There is certainly a learning curve so do read up in manual and forums. Don't be the guy that crashes on the first outing. Good luck.

An update to what I ended up doing with my problem!! I now am the new owner of an Iphone 6 plus and a Ipad mini . Ready all the info now and watching some instruction videos and about to start flying

Attachments

• IMG_4241.JPG
    IMG_4241.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 517
Reactions: III% Streve
A P3A, and an iPhone 6+ and an iPad mini! That's some birthday pressie Tony.

Reactions: S5S5G6
I just got the P3S for my bday last week. Patience will be your only friend. Due to the product being too new to have the bugs worked out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic