Run any firmware you want

Reaction score
I was in the DJI forum and ran across this guy claiming the following:

upload_2016-12-2_16-18-59.png

Has anyone in this forum actually done this successfully? Seems so simple to do, but never realized that inserting a blank SD card into the motherboard would work, allowing you to start from scratch. Interesting post.

Reactions: CFoxtrot
Very interesting find. In case I open the shell, I will do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It implies he can skirt the altitude restriction to 500m.
It was thought that It could also be a way around the DJI imposed NFZ areas. There has been a few guys who has removed their card, read what was on it and tried erasing it a month or 2 ago. Problem is more like getting a hold of the replacement file to load on the card that he talks about above. Now many believe the data relating to the fw is stored elsewhere and may need a bootloader.

Last edited:
Is he implying that once the internal card is formatted, there is a special firmware we need to install and not one downloaded from dji site?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've tried putting firmware on the internal card, the firmware install does not start. I've tried this using the forced upgrade process, using the debug as well as with and without camera. Unless there is a special way, or special file .. dont think this works. I've tested every way i can think!

I've tried putting firmware on the internal card, the firmware install does not start. I've tried this using the forced upgrade process, using the debug as well as with and without camera. Unless there is a special way, or special file .. dont think this works. I've tested every way i can think!
I dont understand why Dig. I know , Ive been following your situation. Sorry your still having issues. I most be 1 of the other half where it did work.
Have you followed github? They have been making advances weekly on installing independent modules pulled out of the FW and fixed some with your same issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj