Rules By Country For Hobby Use of PV+

Reaction score
I will be traveling through the Mediterranean in september and would love to backpack my PV+

Can anyone help me with rules (if any) in Barcelona, Malta, Cyprus, Crete, Turkey, Greece ??

Have flown in Turkey a fair bit (off a boat). Locals were all very interested but no trouble from any authorities.

Spain brought in major restrictions on July 4th. As far as I know you have to have a pilots license to fly any UAV with an ultra light license being the minimum requirement. Not sure if thats for recreational or commercial or both but better check it out first

These were the laws in spain before july 4th:
The use of drones/model aircraft by individuals for recreational or sporting purposes
The use of model aircraft is regulated by the Spanish Aeronautical Federation, and each Autonomous Region and Municipality can have its own specific rules regarding the recreational or sporting use of drones, although all of these rules must respect the general aviation legislation.

Model aircraft must fly below 100 meters of altitude and are barred from flying over urban centers or groups of people (such as beaches, concerts or streets of any city). Any violation must be reported and may give rise to a penalty.

Therefore, individuals that purchase a lightweight and easily-used aircraft at a generalist shop with a remote radio control and GPS, with or without a camera incorporated into it, or purchase a kit in order to build a remote controlled multi-rotor helicopter with a camera, or construct themselves a plane for first-person-view with a frontal camera and automatic pilot and video transmission, can only use them in the areas specifically designated for their use in accordance with the rules regarding model aircraft. These individuals must consult the regulations of their municipality or autonomous region and are recommended to contact a model aircraft club nearby in order to fly their model aircraft safely. Under no circumstances can they use their aircraft for a professional or commercial activity.

I'm still looking to find the new july 4th laws.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
These were the laws in spain before july 4th:
The use of drones/model aircraft by individuals for recreational or sporting purposes
The use of model aircraft is regulated by the Spanish Aeronautical Federation, and each Autonomous Region and Municipality can have its own specific rules regarding the recreational or sporting use of drones, although all of these rules must respect the general aviation legislation.

Model aircraft must fly below 100 meters of altitude and are barred from flying over urban centers or groups of people (such as beaches, concerts or streets of any city). Any violation must be reported and may give rise to a penalty.

Therefore, individuals that purchase a lightweight and easily-used aircraft at a generalist shop with a remote radio control and GPS, with or without a camera incorporated into it, or purchase a kit in order to build a remote controlled multi-rotor helicopter with a camera, or construct themselves a plane for first-person-view with a frontal camera and automatic pilot and video transmission, can only use them in the areas specifically designated for their use in accordance with the rules regarding model aircraft. These individuals must consult the regulations of their municipality or autonomous region and are recommended to contact a model aircraft club nearby in order to fly their model aircraft safely. Under no circumstances can they use their aircraft for a professional or commercial activity.

I'm still looking to find the new july 4th laws.

spain sucks...

I'm from Malta and till now there's no severe restriction here ... Although the draw back is that Malta is very small and we have a category B airport so there's a few places that won't fly and alot with altitude limitation but a part from that its ok .

On the oter hand our sister island GOZO and COMINO there's no restriction there and it's like a small phantom heaven :D

I was in Catalunja ( Spain ) and encountered police when i was flying the bird over a rural environment.
No issues and they were extremely happy to watch me play.
Its just here in the EU, keep the bird away from private property like houses, buildings.
There is a strong privacy issue here in the EU, also enforced by what Micheal Snowden revealed.
When someone encounters you with the fact there is a camera mounted, just state that its for FPV and in fact a safety measurement to ensure that the bird is flying safely around and to record or take a picture you actually have to press a button on the FPV screen.
Use common sense and you get a long way.

So I'm asking again as my trip is getting closer and I'm looking for any recent changes....

Anybody familiar with the UAV rules (if any) in Malta, Crete, Cyprus, Greek Isles, And Turkey??

Thanks for your info !!!

Isn't this a General Discussion issue? Would there be different rules for Phantom 2 (non-Visions) and FC40s by country?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers