Rules against having teenage son/daughter help?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Was wondering if there is any issues with bringing my 13 year old daughter along to help on shoots? Nothing to do with flying just things like setting up cones and taking notes down for me as I need stuff like that. Truthfully, I'm hoping to make this a bonding time while additionally throwing few bucks her way. I'd have her wear a visibility vest like i do. Thoughts?

Reactions: Drone_Prof
If she’s your VO I think that’s fine if not @BigAl07 can tell you
if there's a is age limit.

If she’s your VO I think that’s fine if not @BigAl07 can tell you
if there's a is age limit.

I wouldn't use her as a VO. More so to set up cones, jot down notes/observations as I'm flying and just spend some quality time together. I already know I can "employ" her in general. I'm just wondering if there's something with the FAA that i could miss. The FAA is really who I'm worried about..lol.

I wouldn't use her as a VO. More so to set up cones, jot down notes/observations as I'm flying and just spend some quality time together. I already know I can "employ" her in general. I'm just wondering if there's something with the FAA that i could miss. The FAA is really who I'm worried about..lol.
@BigAl07 could tell you. He’s our FAA man ?

Reactions: Rick218 and BigAl07
First off no there is nothing wrong from an FAA standpoint about utilizing a family member to assist you. By all means go for it and enjoy the bonding time. I also suggest take it a further step and teach her about UAS flight, Airspace, Aviation in general and utilize her as a VO. The more eyes on the sky and your UAS the better.

KUDOS to you for doing this!!

Allen

I wouldn't use her as a VO.
I'd definitely use her as VO. She's surely phisically capable, and it's a great opportunity to teach her about personal responsibility. And she'd find the operation far more interesting and rewarding.

Reactions: ron-ep
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: ron-ep

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj