RTH

Reaction score
hi guys im having a little problem.
im really worried about the RTH
was flying around and i switched off my transmitter to see if my phantom would rth but to my shock it just landed been reading on here that it has to be more then 20 meters away.
is that right as im a good pilot just wanted to be sure that it would return if it lost sig..

can anyone put me on the right path please...
many thanks

Yes, that's as designed. Fly further than 20 meters and try it again.

I don't use Go I use Litchi but you can select I believe options. RC disconnected: Hover in place, Land, RTH and hover, RTH and land. I think?

You don't need to shut off the remote controller. Just press and hold the RTH button on the front of the remote controller.

It worries me as well. I have only done a few short WP missions and those were all VLOS and still was worried. As many of the seasoned pros have said once you have done a few missions and build confidence as well as study the features you will learn to trust your Phantom more and more.

yea i know that mate but wanted to sim lost transmitter
You could temporarily move the remote controller behind some kind of solid structure. That should break the remote controller signal.

It worries me as well. I have only done a few short WP missions and those were all VLOS and still was worried. As many of the seasoned pros have said once you have done a few missions and build confidence as well as study the features you will learn to trust your Phantom more and more.
it just worries me that you set the way points and send it on it way the moment it out of sight thats it the belly wobbles the sweating starts and so on all i want is that if i lose sight of it and loses trans that it will come home to daddy..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.