RTH within 20m radius but below ground elevation what happen?

Kc2

Reaction score
Hi all, i am new. Reading the manual said if RTH within 20m horizontal distance, p3 will decend and land wherever it is, not bothering flying to the actual home position.

This is fine for above ground flying.

I want to fly at a cliff and wondering what will happen if it's below ground but within 20m, will p3 only accend to the 0m level at that distance and hang there? Thanks.

Last edited:
When its auto landing, Im pretty sure it will descend until it reaches ground, even if thats 100m below its take off position.

Sorry i didn't explain clearly...
I meant horizontally p3 is less than 20m distance, but vertically below ground level.

Yeah, it wont matter. If its less than 20m, it will land. Landing doesnt mean flying to the same altitude as the take off position, it means descending until its actually on the ground. So if you take off on a ridge, and the phantom flies in the valley, and you lose the connection at less than 20m (Im pretty sure only horizontal distance is counted), it will land somewhere down below

Yeah, it wont matter. If its less than 20m, it will land. Landing doesnt mean flying to the same altitude as the take off position, it means descending until its actually on the ground. So if you take off on a ridge, and the phantom flies in the valley, and you lose the connection at less than 20m (Im pretty sure only horizontal distance is counted), it will land somewhere down below
Oh, if so i should avoid doing that, don't think I could go down and get it back. Thanks for the info.

If you're worried, set your home position >20 meter from the edge of the ridge.

Hi all, i am new. Reading the manual said if RTH within 20m horizontal distance, p3 will decend and land wherever it is, not bothering flying to the actual home position.
This is fine for above ground flying.
I want to fly at a cliff and wondering what will happen if it's below ground but within 20m, will p3 only accend to the 0m level at that distance and hang there? Thanks.
Using RTH when the Phantom is closer than 20 metres away isn't something you will ever encounter in normal flight.
It's only something that happens to nervous beginners trying out RTH but scared to fly far away.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic