RTH TROUBLE

Reaction score
Yesterday i flew with my phantom 4 when I got a signal lost. I immediately pressed the RTH button on the remote but it did not work. The I saw the green light went red on the remote. Lucky I found the drone via GPS tracking safely landed 700m away. When i checked the the flight record the home point was updated at the point where the signal was lost. Has this happened to anyone? This is the first time the aircraft has done this. In the past when I press RTH the aircraft comes home.

There is a setting to tell the drone what to do in the case of signal loss. Options are to Hover, land, or go home. You may have that setting to land. I set mine to go home in the case I am 2 miles away, it will come back. If you have it set to land, you would have to go find it.

First, when you loose signal, no commands that you try and send to the AC are going to work. If you have RTH setup correctly before you fly, the craft should RTH when the signal is lost though, which it appears it did do.

Reactions: Myerchinize
Johan 84, the home point should never update on its own. If you upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here, we can take a look at your log and help you figured out what happened.

Your log shows the home point was updated about 20 seconds before the downlink was lost. Do you recall if you reset the home point at the top of the "Main Controller Settings" in DJI GO? That's the only place it can be manually reset after takeoff.

I have heard of pilots mistakenly clicking the home point reset on the screen instead of RTH. I think the screen icon may be confusing. I rarely use RTH, but I always use the physical RTH button on the RC.

I can not recall that I have reset the home point. But If thats the case then I understand what the problem is. If you reset the home point while in flight, is the new home point where the aircraft is, or where you are standing with the remote? I know there is 2 settings for the home point.

If you reset the home point while in flight, is the new home point where the aircraft is, or where you are standing with the remote?
It depends on which of the two settings you use. The home point can be set to either location.

I can not recall that I have reset the home point. But If thats the case then I understand what the problem is. If you reset the home point while in flight, is the new home point where the aircraft is, or where you are standing with the remote? I know there is 2 settings for the home point.
Does your smart device have GPS? If not you cannot set the homepoint to where you are standing. All homepoint resets will be where the craft is. Such as, if you have a wifi only iPad (no cellular support), you won't have the required GPS to reset homepoint where you are standing.

You said you hit the RTH button on the remote. Do you remember touching the screen for anything during this event?

Yes the smart device has a GPS. After the aircraft lost signal and I hit the RTH button on the remote i did not touch the screen. But the green light on the remote went red. Witch indicates the aircraft is disconnected?

Johan 84, we're all wondering if you reset the home point in the DJI GO app here:

DJI-GO-Home-Point-Settings.png

Are you confirming you did this, did not do this, or don't recall either way?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj