RTH the SpaceX way. WOW!

Reaction score
For anyone who didn’t watch the historical test launch by SpaceX yesterday, I would advise watching the video on their website. It had me in floods of tears, repeatedly. And that simultaneous landing of the two side rockets gives RTH a whole new meaning. Elon Musk is a breath of fresh air. He knows how to dream and make the dream become reality.

And here's a live video of Starman floating around in space:

Last edited:
I just watched it ? It’s not a scam is it ? If not that was amazing watching those retro rockets land .. looks like this guy certainly has pushed the space game up a notch and kicked it back into gear ...

It's hard to tell what's real or fake sometimes in this world...

Well, that certainly never happened. He was born in the US ;)

Elon Reeve Musk (born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born American entrepreneur and businessman who founded X.com in 1999 (which later became PayPal), SpaceX in 2002 and Tesla Motors in 2003. Musk became a multimillionaire in his late 20s when he sold his start-up company, Zip2, to a division of Compaq Computers.

Elon Reeve Musk (born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born American entrepreneur and businessman who founded X.com in 1999 (which later became PayPal), SpaceX in 2002 and Tesla Motors in 2003. Musk became a multimillionaire in his late 20s when he sold his start-up company, Zip2, to a division of Compaq Computers.
Ah, you meant Elon? Yes, he might of said that. We probably will never know the whole story (since everyone involved seems to have a different opinion).

Regardless, the president of the US does not speak for everyone in the US (or the world). He's just one man on this planet that speaks his own opinions.

Msinger: Thank you so much for quickly adding the videos.

As a child, I watched the moon landings on black and white TV like millions of other people. Since then, the space program hasn't really caught the public’s imagination in the same way - with The Challenger disaster and unnecessary loss of life not helping matters, made worst by the farce that surrounded the tragedy. Personally, the Mars rover Curiosity has been a highlight since the early Apollo days.

But yesterday is very likely to be a turning point. Their (Elon Musk/SpaceX) plans are far bigger and potentially life-changing than those of Blue Orbit or Virgin Galactic. Mars? Yes, of course, because it’s the next big step for mankind. Meanwhile, I think we will see SpaceX take people around the moon and back. And that will stimulate some change in perception, just as it did to the early astronauts who ventured far enough away from our planet. It will, at least, challenge the usual mindset. The Chinese moon program will soon become wider known as it gathers momentum, adding competition to keep our space adventurers going beyond.

The word “awesome” is much overused. But yesterday’s simultaneous double RTH was awesome.

Reactions: OOO
Let's not derail this thread with political comments and the such. This is an AVIATION Forum and let's keep it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKG13CC
Msinger: The main video link above seems to have stopped working. Any chance you can fix it or find an alternative link in case others want to watch it? It must have the double RTH! :)

Msinger: The main video link above seems to have stopped working. Any chance you can fix it or find an alternative link in case others want to watch it?
Fixed!

Reactions: OOO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl